THIRTY TWO

I left that day, I left everything in my room and I disappeared without a trace

The team didn't need me they were strong enough and Bucky he needed someone, I didn't want him to be alone. Not again.

I'd been in hiding for around fifty years so this should be easy, I just had to remember the set of rules I had and now that people were more likely to recognise me I had to be stricter. The first thing that I did was cut my hair, gone were the long golden locks instead a short pink bob framed my face, I actually liked it more than I thought that I would.

The next thing was getting a fake identity, luckily I had a ton of documents stashed at my storage container, I quickly pick one out, Belle Anderson, before shoving stacks of cash into my bag.

Now all I had to do was find him, it wouldn't be easy but I would do it I had to.

• • •

It had been months and I was no closer to finding Bucky than I had been when I first started, he sure knew how to keep a low profile but I couldn't give up, I wouldn't. Currently I had decided on Bucharest, it was totally random but I threw a dart on a map and this is where it landed. So here I was stood in the middle of a market watching how everyone scurried like ants living in their own little bubbles.

I wasn't actually sure where to go, or how to even look for Bucky now, he left no traces or anything it was like he had disappeared or never even exsist Ed to begin with. I had to admit he was much better at this than I had expected, but then again he's a trained assassin, he's supposed to be untraceable, he's meant to be able to blend into a crowd, so I'm not sure why I had underestimated that.

I decide to go and find a place to stay, I had stayed in Bucharest before and knew where I could find a lowkey apartment. On the walk over I really debated on what I was doing, I didn't think I'd be able to find him, and I was mad at myself for leaving him and now leaving the team. It was useless I just felt like I couldn't do anything right. I should probably go back and apologise fo everyone, why was I so impulsive?

I literally could've just stayed behind and helped both Sam and Steve with their search, three heads are better than one after all. But no I was reminded of how I abandoned one love and that got me all bent of shape and made me think the best idea was to drop off the face of the earth and search for the other.

I couldn't even bare to face the team now I was so embarrassed, I had left them right before a ton of shit went down. I read about what happened in Sokovia, I should've been there with them, and forget the team I couldn't bare to face Steve, he was probably so confused and hurt. I was such a horrible person, just leaving him like that without a goodbye or anything.

I reach the building and sigh, I still had an apartment here and I was not looking forward to the crappy contents that awaited, one thing I definitely missed was normal living conditions, although I couldn't complain, at least I had a roof over my head, and besides this was nothing compared to some of the times I truly had to rough it.

I hadn't noticed that I'd been walking behind the same man since the market until I noticed the way he anxiously kept peaking his head back to glance at me, not even letting his gaze linger so that I could get a glimpse of his face. I see his body relax as I reach my door. I notice how neither of us go into our apartments instead we linger by our doors and watch each other without actually looking at each other.

I wouldn't have even payed him any attention but the way he was behaving put me on edge, why was he so alert? I wondered what he was hiding. The atmosphere quickly becomes tense as he noticed how I'm not entering my living space either. I sigh and open my door, maybe he was just curious about who was moving in across the hall, I mean I'm not sure how long he'd been staying here but he probably wasn't used to anyone using my apartment since I hadn't been here in years.

I needed to relax and so I decide to just leave the strange man across the hall and enter my apartment and then decide what the next plan of action would be. Once I do enter I'm shocked to find the place completely trashed. There was a horrid smell, a bunch of rubbish everywhere and there was even one man sleeping on a stained mattress on the floor. I quickly exit scared to wake the squatter, "I'm sorry, I was going to warn you." I jump as I realise the strange man from the hall was still stood there with his head down, it made more sense now, he was probably too shy to speak before or something.

"Oh it's ok I just haven't been here for a while," I shrug as I try and make sense of what to do now, "so you know him?" I can't help but let out a small laugh, "oh god no, but I should've expected something like this." Was this guy really that shy that he wasn't even gonna loft his head, even once? I still didn't even know what he looked like. I take the rest of him in, he was pretty built very muscular and he was wearing gloves? Then I see a small glare as light reflects from the metal that was peaking from underneath the material.

Oh my god, you had to be kidding me. You're telling me that after spending nearly seven months tirelessly searching for Bucky I just happened to be stood across from him on accident? "Bucky?" I ask him in shock before I can even stop myself. His whole body goes rigid as he glances up at me. "How do you-" I take my sunglasses off and just stare at the man across from me in shock, "Rosie?" His own voice echos the shock that mine had held. "What are you doing here?" We both question in unison, I shrug, "that is actually my apartment although I now can not stay there." He nods before sending me a small smile.