Chapter 8: I Was Lost But Now I'm Found? (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(Would suggest listening to MONST3R-Nightmare Dark Ambient Horror Music)

He was dead, he was sure of it. As memories flashed as fast as lightning before his eyes. Ingressus was back at the top of the mountain. It was snowing, but other Voltaris of his group walked around like it was a normal day, completely oblivious to the coming danger. Ingressus shielded his face against the snow blowing in the wind. He should feel cold, standing outside in a blizzard, but he doesn't feel anything now...

In the distance, Ingressus spots Ember and Titus in front of him, sitting down having a conversation. Ingressus hurried over to them. "Run! We have to leave! They're coming!" he exclaimed. "Where is Master Dominus?!"

But neither Ember nor Titus look up at him. Ingressus waved his arms around hoping to catch their attention, but they continued to talk. Ingressus tried to make out their conversation, but everything sounded muffled in his ears. "Ember, listen to me! We have to run! If we stay we'll all die!"

But the two older Voltaris still paid no attention to him. Making Ingressus believe he was dead even more... He was a ghost now... But he had seen Titus and Ember die during the battle. Shouldn't they see him if he was dead too?

Ingressus looked around as the white snowy atmosphere gave way to darkness. He turns around and spots Blazien sitting down near a burning fire. Ingressus turns back around... but Ember and Titus are nowhere to be seen.

Okay... Ingressus thought, wondering where the two adults had gone.

All that is heard in the darkness, is the crackling of the fire, and water dripping to the floor while Ingressus slowly walked towards his brother. But as he got closer, Ingressus could see it was not water, but blood dripping on the ground, into the fire making it red.

"Blazien?" Ingressus asked nervously as he walked closer. "Blazien where is everyone? Where's Master Dominus?"

Ingressus was glad that his brother was here with him, maybe he could explain where they were. Was this the place after death? But Blazien continues to stare into the fire, motionless, not moving or even acknowledging Ingressus' presence as more blood pooled on the ground. Ingressus walked nearer to the older ardoni until he stood in front of Blazien, only to see an undead version of his brother! Blazien turned his head towards Ingressus, the firelight only making his appearance worse than it was... Blazien's skin was rotten, a large hole gaped in his chest, and his markings were flickering from red to black...

Blazien stood up unsteadily, and growls at Ingressus, he then starts shuffling towards him. Ingressus' eyes widened with fear. He reached behind his shoulder for his sword, but discovers it is not with him! Ingressus backed away with each step Blazien got closer. Whatever this thing was, was not his brother... "Blazien, please... it's me!" Ingressus called out. But Blazien growled and moaned loudly, stumbling towards Ingressus faster!

Ingressus turned around and began running down a dark tunnel. He couldn't see a thing, it was so dark! How was he supposed to escape this monster?!

Suddenly, Ingressus could see a light in the distance. He runs towards it. Blazien's growls got louder, resounding through the unseen cave as Ingressus ran with what strength he had.

The young Voltaris questioned if he really was dead?! Ingressus remembered his leg had been injured during the battle. He couldn't even walk before, how was it he could run now? Not really caring at this point, he continues to run. Getting closer to the light. Hoping to escape whatever this was!