Chapter 15: Reminiscence (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(Hello! Won't take up too much of your time! Just wanted to say thank you to @Stormcutterdragon for following me! Badda bing, badda boom here's the next chapter!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Would suggest listening to Catching Up by AfterInfinity)

The Next Morning...

(Ingressus' POV)

The morning was bustling with activity as other Nestoris went to and from their daily tasks. Most had just finished breakfast and were off on their way to work.

Ingressus walked through the clearing, feeling slightly embarrassed being around other people, after the events that had transpired the previous day. Would they think he was crazy? He couldn't believe that swimming out deep in the ocean had caused him to have a panic attack. Even when spearfishing, he had never felt that way around the water. Ingressus realized he would have to be more cautious in the future unless he wanted to draw attention to himself... Thankfully, no one seemed to pay any attention to him.

Ingressus stops in the clearing and pretends to look at something in the distance as other Nestoris walked by. When they had passed, Ingressus quickly looked around, making sure no one was looking, before quickly walking behind a hut. No one had spotted him!

Ingressus walks up to the back entrance of a large hut and quickly walks inside. The room was very dim with the thick branches of leaves that domed overhead. It was stuffy inside the hut, Ingressus could see bits and particles of dust floating in the sunlight that shined through the sun's rays, but the hut had a nice cozy feeling to it. This hut was where tools and fishing gear were made and repaired. But Ingressus was not coming here to find fishing tools. He was hoping to find something else...

No one seemed to be inside the hut. But Ingressus would not take any chances, he crouches low as he sneaks around the hut. His eyes searching the shelves and tables hungrily for what he was looking for.

Ever since Master Aegus had given him Voltar and his father's sword, Ingressus had noticed how they were still heavy to him. Sure he had gotten stronger over the past two years. But, even now, he barely had enough strength to lift the weapons.

Ingressus continued to search around the large hut. Ducking under a few fishing nets that were hung on an overhead pole. Passing a few tangled fishing rods that were up against a wall, and even finding a few blunt-ended fishing knives that still had yet to be sharpened. But Ingressus still couldn't find what he was looking for...

Hearing vines being moved behind him, Ingressus quickly ducks and hides behind a barrel.

Great, just what I needed... Ingressus thought. The room was big, but if he wasn't careful, he'd get caught. Peeking out from behind the barrel, Ingressus sees a Nestoris walk by carrying a basket full of tools. Setting the basket down, the Nestoris goes over to the other side of the room and starts taking ropes out of a wooden crate.

Ingressus sighs... it was going to be a lot harder to get out unspotted now. Ingressus hears more vines being moved as another Nestoris walks in.

"Good morning Misty," a male Nestoris said.

"Good morning Turin. Quite a day yesterday," a female Nestoris responded.

"I heard, one of the pearl divers got caught in a net and nearly drowned," Turin said.