Chapter 14: Second Chance (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(Okay! You all are highly motivating, so I finished this a lot quicker than I normally would! So I would like to thank:@Chaitanyasinha; @ FrostFoxx; and 17th_Wish for following me! Very much appreciated! So I'll shut up now so you can enjoy the story!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Achillean's POV)

Achillean gasps for breath as he resurfaces again. He had gone under the water many times, and still no sign of Serena. He took a deep breath and went under again, going deeper this time. Achillean was surprised how most pearl divers could do this all day! As much as he enjoyed the ocean, he didn't think he liked it that much to dive down this deep. He swims further down as he looks beneath him... all he could see was darkness. The only light being the sun shining through the water.

His eyes burned from the saltwater. It was already hard enough to see! Further down Achillean could see lights in the darkness of the water. Narrowing his eyes, Achillean could see Ingressus... he was swimming towards the surface.... with Serena! He had found her!

Achillean swims up to the surface. He gasps for breath and looks around. Nearly a few seconds pass before Achillean could see Ingressus resurface in the distance. Ingressus quickly starts swimming towards the shore.

Achillean was surprised just how fast his friend was swimming... Turning around, Achillean starts swimming back towards the shore. As he got closer to the beach, Leora resurfaced a few yards from him.

"Leora swim back to shore, Ingressus found Serena!" he yelled.

Leora nods and swims beside Achillean. Soon they're finally able to touch the ocean floor again and began sprinting down the beach. Achillean's heart was pounding from running as he got closer to the two ardoni further down the beach as Ingressus carried a limp Serena out of the water and lays her on the ground.

Soon Ingressus and Serena are only a few feet away.

"No!" Achillean hears Ingressus yell as he tries to shake Serena awake.

Achillean and Leora catch their breath from running as they skidded to a stop behind Ingressus. Leora's face fills with worry seeing her sister motionless. Ingressus was breathing quickly, and he was shaking a lot. Achillean walks up behind him and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Ingressus?"

Ingressus turns his head around. Taking Achillean by surprise, he jerks away from Achillean's hand, and shuffles to his feet, taking slow backward steps while he breathes heavily. Ingressus' eyes were wide with fear, as he looked from Achillean, to Serena still lying in the sand as Leora tried to wake her up. Achillean slowly walks towards Ingressus with concern, his left arm was bleeding...

"Ingressus are you alright?" Achillean asks.

Hearing footsteps behind him, Achillean turns around and sees other Nestoris running over to help. This seems to terrify Ingressus even more, before Achillean has time to react, his friend sprints past him.

"Ingressus wait!" Achillean calls after him.

(Would suggest listening to Distant Lament by Colossal Trailer Music)

"Achillean help me!" Leora says.

Achillean turns around and stumbles to his knees beside Leora. Serena's markings were faint...