Chapter 18: Mischief and Mayhem (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(Hello! Man crazy to think it's been almost a month and a half since I've updated this book. Hehe... well time does fly when your busy having fun working on exciting projects! But I would like to thank: ZefxVoltaris25, RainClouds36, and Crazy_child200 for following me! (Also please take note that I have more than one fanfic now, so in case you don't see your name here, don't worry it's somewhere in one of the fanfics! Each of you is VERY important to me!)

So without a finally a further ado... here is te nex chaptur!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Would suggest listening to Spirit of the Wild by David Chappell)

The Next Day

(Achillean's POV)

Achillean ran with what strength he had! Swinging his arms quickly, and lengthening his stride as he sprinted. Taking deep breaths as he felt the burning in his leg muscles. He quickly glanced over his shoulder as he ran, only to see his friend a few feet behind him!

"Get back here Achillean!" Ingressus yelled as he pursued the Nestoris. His voice carried an air of frustration and obvious irritation, and Achillean knew why.

"Haha you'll have to catch me first!" the Nestoris called out as he continued running. He knew he shouldn't have done what he did, it was the reason why he was in this predicament in the first place, but Achillean had known what would happen the moment he got the idea into his head. Yet he still went along with it. Only to have watched his friend's surprised expression immediately change to narrowed angry eyes. And before another second passed, Achillean had sprinted out of the cave laughing!

He ran down the path, jumping over a fallen tree branch. But Ingressus was hot on his trail, jumping skillfully over the branch as well. Achillean knew it would be hard to lose him. Ingressus was faster and stronger than him, but then again, so was he. Over the months during the summer, Achillean had learned a lot. Each day he was improving, and he could feel himself getting stronger and faster after each lesson and training session he had with his friend. However, Ingressus still outmatched him when they sparred. The scars that were beginning to form after each lesson only proved that their training was becoming more adept.

Achillean ran down the slope, being careful not to trip or lose his footing, which would make a rather painful fall down the hill if he allowed gravity to win. Once he'd reached the bottom, he quickly got back up on his feet and laughed as he continued running. Maybe he could lose his pursuing opponent?

Running down the gravel path, Achillean entered the heart of the village. Sprinting past other Nestoris who were huddled around fires, who gave curious glances towards the two ardoni youths who were acting as though there was an urgency. Achillean quickly ran around a large tree. Only to be stopped abruptly as he ran into someone and tumbled to the ground.

"Ohhfff!"

Achillean prepared to get yelled at by a frustrated adult, but he glanced down only to see Raineus who had a look of surprise on his face.

"Achillean what are you doing? You just made me spill my stew!" Raineus said. Even though Achillean's friend enjoyed being humorous and funny, Raineus did not find the sight of his spilled breakfast amusing.

Achillean heard the pace-quickened footsteps the moment Raineus had said his name! Giving away where he was! Achillean pushed himself to his feet and quickly looked over his shoulder as the running footsteps got louder.