Chapter 16: A Lesson of Sticks and Stones (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(What is up!? Wait don't tell me! The sky! Nah, I'm just joking with ya! *ahem* I would like to thank @Gren-ade; @Abalyes_Voltaris; and @Reepoder for following me! Here's another chapter!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Would suggest listening to HTTYD (PS3) Game OST- Village)

A Few Days Later...

(Achillean's POV)

"Keep up slowpoke!" Ingressus yelled from further ahead.

Achillean's heart pounded as he tried not to lose his grip as he climbed up the stone crag. The wooden sword on his back made him feel uneasy. He was sure even though the weapon was made of wood. It seemed to add extra weight and made the climb more difficult. Achillean had hardly any strength in his arms to pull himself up the stone wall.

Ingressus on the other hand had already climbed up the crag, and given from the sound of his voice, he was much further ahead. Achillean didn't know where Ingressus had learned to climb so fast! What exactly did the Voltaris do out there? Grabbing the vines that seemed to grow from the small holes inside the rock, Achillean hauls himself up to the top of the crag. As he gets to his knees, he stands up, but immediately regrets it as his head hits a low hanging branch on a tree above him.

"Ow," Achillean said, as he rubbed the area on his head where he was sure a bump would form.

It was another day off, but instead of going to the meadow or playing games with his friends. Ingressus had told Achillean that he had a surprise he wanted to show him. Achillean had told his friends that Ingressus and himself had other tasks they needed to take care of today. He felt bad for lying to them. Or was it really lying? They never asked what "tasks" they had to do. Achillean was sure his friends were probably sleeping the morning away. Looking down at his throbbing fingers, Achillean could see small blisters that lined his palms, and it seemed trying to climb the walls of stone only made his hands hurt more.

Walking to the edge of the stone crag, Achillean looked down at the surging water beneath him, the waves battered against the stone crags that stood like firm guardians to the shores. Mist and drops of saltwater were carried upward in the wind and splashed against his face, and over the stone crags that he still had to maneuver over.

Sure enough, Ingressus was ahead by two stones, not even tired as he waited on the young Nestoris. Looking down at the stone crag in front of him, Achillean felt more nervous. The crags were already hard to climb, but the ocean waves had covered these next ones with water! The droplets of water sparkling in the morning sunlight. Ingressus could see Achillean hesitating.

"Don't think about it, just jump!" Ingressus said encouragingly.

"I'm starting to wonder if you ever really think before you throw yourself at danger," Achillean said, as he continued to look down.

"Or I just look danger in the face and tell it to go eat a shroom," Ingressus said. "Come on it's not that bad! This is a great way to start the morning! Really gets the adrenaline going right?"

Achillean watched as another monstrous wave crashed against the crag with enough force that the young Nestoris could feel it rattle his bones. Those were some strong waves... Knowing he had gone too far to turn back now, Achillean runs forward and jumps...