Chapter 10: Day Off (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(Would suggest listening to Warm Light by Peder Helland)

One Month Later...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achillean sighed while he packed a few items in his waterproof bag, making sure everything fit, before tying the opening shut with a small piece of rope. Finally finished packing, he put the bag securely on his back.

He looked around his hut one final time to make sure everything was locked up in a chest. Satisfied that his belongings were secured, Achillean walked out of his hut.

He turned around and untied a single vine wrapped around many others near the entrance. Once it was untied, Achillean released all the vines from his hand, allowing them to fall over the entrance. Giving his hut the appearance of a very large bush once the vines had settled.

The sun was slowly beginning to rise, the mid-morning air felt humid and damp against Achillean's skin. A feeling that was to be expected after a small rain storm had come the previous night. Dewdrops glistened on the grass and dripped down the leaves of the bushes and trees. Resembling clear, delicate pebbles that decorated the plants.

Storms hit Nestoria often, sometimes they would even be bad enough to overturn a few of their smaller fishing boats. Occasionally even flooding the nearby shores where the water would almost reach a few of the huts. Thankfully, last night's storm had been nothing more than lightly falling rain.

As much as they complained about the storms, Achillean always enjoyed listening to the raindrops against the roof of his hut. It always calmed him. Hearing the patting water droplets gifted from the darkened clouds themselves. The ocean waves had also hissed louder while the wind had picked up throughout the night. Providing a calming, whispering tune that had lulled Achillean into a blissful sleep.

As he walked down the dirt trail, Achillean noticed the village was quiet and not full of activity. In fact, there seemed to be none at all, and why would there be on a day like today?! He continued walking down the trail, that soon gave way to a gravel path. Each step taking him further away from his hut.

Some time had passed since Achillean had found Ingressus. But as the weeks progressed, the young Nestoris was beginning to see the Voltaris more as a friend. As the days went by, Ingressus was always eager to learn more. Like the simplest teachings always provided more tempting and enthusing questions from the newcomer.

Even as mundane as fishing was, Ingressus acted like it was something that interested him. With every lesson Achillean taught him, Ingressus would always listen carefully. Whenever he tried something new, Ingressus made a few mistakes starting out, but he never repeated them. The newcomer was indeed a fast learner!

Achillean slowed his pace once he arrived at a large cave. He patiently waits outside of it, leaning back against the stone wall while he enjoyed the village's silence. A minute had passed until rustling drew Achillean's attention when he heard vines being brushed aside.

"Good morning Ingressus, are you ready to go?" Achillean asked. Ingressus nodded while walking up to his friend.

Both young ardoni began their small walk, casually taking a path that would lead them outside the village, deeper into the woods.

Cicadas and crickets could still be heard hiding in the shadows of the bushes. The further they ventured into the forest, the sunlight was unable to reach the ground. This part of the walk always made Achillean nervous. For fear that an undead- or any threat- would surprise him. Or that Raineus would attempt to scare him... again.