Chapter 9: Something Old, Something New (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

Hearing birds chirping and the pittering of footsteps walking by the cave entrance, Ingressus opened his eyes, finding the cave much brighter with the sunlight shining through the hole in the roof. Looks like it was morning already.

In all his years, Ingressus had never slept as soundly as he had last night. For once, not feeling stiff from the cold, or waking up with painful kinks in his neck from sleeping in an uncomfortable position on a hard floor. And the animal skins were nothing in comparison to just how comfortable a bed was!

Ingressus yawned as he slowly sat up, raising his arms high above his head while he stretched. Reaching down, he pulls the bed covers off his legs to get a better look at his injury. Looking down at his wound, Ingressus could see his cut was almost fully healed! The song had done wonders within only a few days!

Carefully moving over to the side of the edge of the bed, Ingressus touches his feet to the floor and slowly puts weight on his leg as he stood up. He was a little unstable and leans against the wall to keep from falling over. His leg still hurt with each movement he made, but he was standing and walking! Surely, only a few more healing sessions was all he needed to get his leg back to normal!

With each slow step he took leaning against the wall, Ingressus became used to the small wave of pain. And soon he was able to take steps on his own without supporting himself on anything.

Ingressus walked around while searching the cave for Master Aegus. Now that it was morning, Ingressus could see the cave much better in the sunlight. It was a lot smaller than he'd thought it was. But now he could see all the decorations that made the cave more welcoming. Hearing tapping sounds from another room, Ingressus finds Master Aegus organizing some items on some shelves.

"Good morning, Master Aegus," Ingressus greeted.

Master Aegus turns around and nods in his direction. "Afternoon. Glad to see you're awake. I hope you are recovering well?"

"I am," Ingressus replied, before pausing and blinking in confusion when he realized something. "Wait... afternoon?" he questioned.

Master Aegus smiled before he finished aligning the books on the shelves, then walks over to a furnace and starts getting some food. "Yes afternoon, you've been asleep most of the day."

Ingressus was surprised that he had slept for so long, and yet he still felt tired. The aroma of the food cooking filled the room, making Ingressus' stomach growl loudly with hunger. It growled so loud, that the Master turned his head around and gave Ingressus a knowing smile. Ingressus became slightly embarrassed.

How hungry must he be if Master Aegus could hear his stomach from the other side of the room? Once the Master had finished preparing the food, he walked over to Ingressus and handed it to him. Ingressus gave a small grateful bow, before sitting down and began to eat, while Master Aegus made his way back to the furnace and started to put out the fire inside.

"Unfortunately, I will be unable to stay here. Or my Clan will wonder where I've run off too," Master Aegus said once the flames started to die. "You're more than welcome to stay here in the cave if you wish?"

"No. Actually, I need to get out and stretch my legs. I've been sleeping for four days," Ingressus responded.

Master Aegus gave a light chuckle while he walked over to the other side of the room, taking a staff that was leaning up against the wall.

"Very well," Master Aegus said, brushing some dust off the staff.

"My Clan is most welcoming to newcomers. However, if they ask where you are from... I would advise you to make something up. And know that you are welcome to stay here for as long as you wish."