Chapter 1

"Your kidding," Louis exclaims into the phone. "Please tell me you are one hundred percent joking and I can continue with my life." 

"No, Louis. I am not joking. You guys are getting back together and are going to have a tour for your newest album, maybe a few new singles. You are to be in London this Saturday around 4 at the Syco Music offices. We will discuss things furthermore from there." Simon replies to Louis. 

He had just been sitting in his London apartment, drinking some tea while watching a bit of football when his phone rang. When he glanced at the caller and saw that it was Simon, his insides dropped and he groaned aloud. 

Apparently One Direction was getting back together. Their plan was to only be on hiatus for around eighteen months, but Louis was secretly hoping it would be longer. He can't handle going back now. Not after his life was completely shattered. And for no reason! He had no idea what he did, or what he didn't do to make his life change. 

Ever since the horrid day of August 14th 2015, Louis's life has been a living hell. He'd done nothing since Harry shattered his heart, only moping around the house, occasionally letting Niall or Liam into his house to give him food and force him to take a shower. 

He'd racked his brain every hour of every day and night trying to figure out why Harry broke up with him. He had no idea. They were going so strong for five years. Sure they had their moments when management would piss Louis or Harry off, then they'd have a day where they had their doubts, but the could never stay away from each other for too long. They were made for each other, it just made sense. 

Louis muttered an okay, hanging up with Simon, and throwing his phone across the room, landing on his dog's, Clifford's, bed. He pulled at his hair, continuously staring at one spot. 'I can't do this.' He thinks to himself, 'I can not go through with this. I'll just join Zayn, i'll leave the band.' He decided. His insides deflated when he realized he couldn't do that. Zayn left for good reasons, he had to take care of himself. As far as management knew Louis was fine, he's apparently been doing great since the break up. He didn't have the guts to bring it up, he didn't want to look weak to a group that have slagged him for years. They would probably be happy if they knew how broken Louis felt. They always said something like Louis and Harry would never last. When Harry cut him off, they probably had a celebratory feast. 

Louis took a deep breath and looked over to Clifford, who had been curled up on the couch, but rested his head on Louis's thigh. Louis carded his fingers through his fur, taking deep breaths. 'I can do this. I can show them. I can show Harry.' It was Thursday, and Louis had to be at the offices this Saturday, that gives him one whole day of preparation. He immediately dialed up Liam.

"Hello? Lou?" Louis could hear the voice on the other end and he breathed a sigh of relief. He needed to hear his friend's voices in this moment, he had to stay strong. 

"Liam." Louis stated. 

"Alright mate?"  Liam asked. Louis shook his head, but Liam couldn't see that.

"Um, kinda? Not really. You got the call too right?" Louis asked hopefully. Before Liam could even open his mouth to speak he heard a loud exclamation in the background.

"No, no freaking way, they can't do that! I'm not ready- i'm not!"  Louis heard a somewhat familiar voice say. He then heard a loud muffled sound, maybe crying? And somebody shushing them. He heard a door shut and Liam heave a sigh. 

"Yea Lou, we got the call." He sighed into the phone. Louis was silent for a minute. "We?" He asked, curious. 

"Um, i'm with the others right now." Liam muttered, Louis almost not hearing it. "What? You're with uh, with."