Chapter 8

"You didn't break up with me." He states. I raise an eyebrow confused. "I know?" I say, more like a question. He looks so sad as he asks me a question.

"Then who did you regret breaking up with?"

:><:

I immediately straighten my posture. "What?" I ask him, very confused. He looked like he wants to punch something but at the same time wallow in his tears. I stand so I'm in front of him. He takes a deep, shaky breath to repeat himself.

"I broke up with you. Ellen-" He sighs. "Ellen asked if we regret breaking up with someone, and I put I Have, obviously. Why did you?" He asks me like he's begging for an answer. I divert my eyes. What is he talking about? Yea I put that, because I thought if I didn't he would get upset by thinking I wasn't bothered by the fact we broke up. I was just putting I Have to save myself from his anger. Guess it didn't make a difference. 

"What do you mean?" I ask anyway. He narrows his eyes and takes a step closer. "What the fuck do you think I mean?" He snarls. My eyes widen and I voluntarily take a few steps back. "What-" I try but he cuts me off. 

"Who else were you with besides me? Was it Hannah? That bitch you were with before we met?" He looks infuriated. I have to admit, I'm a little bit scared at how he's acting, and I don't know how to handle it. "Harry, why are you getting so upset, you know I-"

"No. Why were you with me then? If she meant so much to you and you regret breaking up. Why was she so special? Were you just with me cause I was there? Were you just using me? What the hell Louis?" He groans frustrated. I don't even have any words. Is he serious? Is he actually doubting us? Throughout our relationship I would always tell him and promise him it was always us. I always told him I loved him whenever I could. He's seriously doubting everything we've been through? 

I can't help it when I feel my eyes brim with tears. I can't not cry in any upsetting situation with him. I'm either happy, or I'm crying. There is no in between. My eyes glance back to Harry's face and I notice how soft it looks. If he's not stupid he should realize what he's saying is idiotic. I watch his arm reach out but I shake my head and push past him.

Not having a lot of places to hide away, I turn into the music room, and quickly lock the door behind me. I can't help it when the tears leak out of my eyes, even as I try to hold them back. I slump against the door and tilt my head back, but I end up hitting it too hard as I let out a whimper. Now I really start crying. 

You know when a situation is just so frustrating, and you restrain yourself from crying, but then the littlest thing happens and you can't hold it in anymore? Yea, me too.

I don't attempt to be quiet when I let out a sob, stuffing my face into my arms. Why does this keep happening? We find a common ground and someone always needs to ruin it. Why is he even thinking that? That was literally six years ago. We hadn't even been dating long before I signed up for the X Factor. I haven't thought about her since. I was gay the whole time I was with her anyway. My friends were just bugging me about not having a girlfriend, and Hannah was already a friend of mine, so I just asked her out. 

"Louis?" I jump at the sound of someone calling my name. I was pretty sure this booth was soundproof and no one could hear me. The voice sounded pretty clear and it's not until I look up that I realize why.

Niall is sitting on the couch with a guitar in his lap and a notebook on the table. My eyes widen and I quickly stand up, brushing my face. "I'm sorry Niall, I didn't mean to interrupt, I'll be leaving now." I turn to open the door but Niall stops me. 

"Wait, Louis." He places the guitar next to him, and pats the couch on his other side for me to sit there. I reluctantly trudge over to him and sit down. "Louis, what's going on?" He asks softly. I heave a sigh and avoid eye contact. The events of the past minutes returning in my mind. I shake my head as if to say it doesn't matter. "Nothing. Just something stupid." I tell him. What I really want to do is leave the room and correct Harry, then slap him - lightly of course - then hug him, then fall asleep next to him, but-