Chapter 29

I really don't know most of the 'legal' stuff I'm talking about, so bear with me. 

Buckle the fudge up biotches
♥♥♥♥♥

"You know there is a lot that goes into things like these, Lou." Harry tells me as we sit at the kitchen table the next morning. "We can't just do what we want, we did sign contracts." 

I groan in frustration, fists tugging at my hair with my head on the table. I feel Harry's hands softly pry them off my head, and I let him. 

"I know, I know. I just wish there was some way, some loophole." I try to convince myself that something is there for us to find and then we can be free. 

"Honestly, at this point I don't mind going against the contract. You know, just out ourselves." I say, lightly chuckling, but meaning every word behind it. 

"I know, me too, but no matter how much we ever want to, we can't risk that." Harry says sadly, resting his head against the cold tiled counter. I bring my hand up and slowly thread my fingers through his hair, as we watch each other in silence.

"Do you think Niall is still upset with us?" I ask, remembering the way he left last night. 

He wasn't exactly wrong, Harry and I have been rather occupied with ourselves, and our relationship, that we haven't been great with talking to the other boys. I don't know if Liam or Zayn are as upset, but Niall is never gloomy like he was.

"Probably, we should talk to him today, apologize." Harry replies, closing his eyes as my fingers continue to move. "Mhm," I agree with a hum. 

We're broken from our trance as Liam's bedroom door opens, and he walks into the kitchen with matted hair and a droopy eyes. "Mm." He grunts toward us, instantly going to make himself a bowl of cereal. 

"Out late last night, Li?" I ask from my spot at the counter. He only grunts again in response. We both watch as he pours the cereal then milk, and sits across from us. 

"Simon called a minute ago, he has to talk to us all today around three." Liam tells us, shoving his mouth full of cereal. I feel my hands go sweaty and my throat momentarily closes up. 

Is this because of us? Because of what I said?

"Oh," I practically choke out, "Do you know why?" I ask timidly. Liam shrugs, "Something about the band I guess." He leaves it at that and resumes eating. I glance over to Harry worriedly, but he puts his hand on my waist in comfort. 

"I'm sure we're fine." He mutters, and I nod, deciding not to ponder too long on it. 

Liam finishes eating, and goes back to his room to get dressed just as Niall comes out. "Hey," He says with a smile. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Hey Niall," I say slowly. "How was your date?" I ask.

I watch as his cheeks tint pink, "It-it was good. Just a date." He shrugs, making it seem like nothing happened. I smirk and lean forward onto the counter. "Really? Nothing?" I pry, watching as Niall drops his spoon, quickly picking it up.

He shakes his head and sits in front of us with a bowl of cereal as well. I sigh, leaning back. "Look, Niall. I know that you think we've probably been neglecting you, and maybe we have. I have been pretty focused on my relationship on H, I'm sorry for not checking up on things with you more, I didn't mean to be careless about our friendship." I apologize, Harry nodding from beside me. 

Niall only smiles in response which allows my shoulders to drop, relieved. "I know, I get it guys, it's alright. I just miss us a little I guess. Thank you for apologizing." He smiles, returning to his food.