Chapter 14

I love that edit tho ^^
Enjoy :)

I freeze in place as I hear words I never want to hear. I feel goosebumps prickle their way down my body, covering every exposed, and unexposed, inch of skin. I stand there as I just imagine a train headed full force, smacking me right in the path. I break out into a sweat and can self-consciously feel the moisture being absorbed by my shirt. I can't get myself to move or look anywhere besides where Niall left the room with a sympathetic look on his face. I don't dare let out the breath I'd been holding as I move an inch to continue towards the door. 

"Sit down Louis." I hear Simon's demanding voice lecture me as my hand grazes the door handle. I don't even turn around when I finally let out a reply. "Why?" I ask him simply. I hear a loud sigh and am suddenly being pulled to a chair by one of the guard grabbing my arm. 

"What the hell, let go of me." I smack the guy's buff arm, doubting he felt it at all. I haven't even glanced in Harry's direction, but can see him sitting beside me out of my peripheral vision after the guard puts me in my chair. 

Immediately I'm glaring at Simon. I try to act like I hadn't just lost my chill when I cross my arms and lean back. "Yes, Simon?" He rolls his eyes, gesturing between Harry and I. 

"How's..." He finds a way to put it, "this going?" I raise an eyebrow and just stare at him. "What?" I ask, kind of confused. Is he talking about our relationship relationship? Does he know? That's it. It's ove-

"How are you two getting along." He says. Oh, maybe he doesn't know. Harry then proceeds to speak up. "Simon, we aren't five. We are adults. We're fine." He says, tone of voice seeming pretty pissed in the moment. Simon shakes his head, leaning forward on the hard oak wood table. "I don't care if you aren't sixteen or eighteen anymore. You are still under this contract, and you will continue to do as we say." 

"You haven't let us forget that." I mutter under my breath, playing with my fingers, picking at my nails. It became a nervous habit, especially when Simon would address the "Larry" situation. Simon reclines in his chair. "Now I've seen some videos from some concerts recently." I roll my eyes. He's about to twist Harry and I being civil towards one another into a supposed declaration of love.

"I'm not sure I quite like the.." he pauses. "Interaction." he says, moving his fingers to make quotation marks in the air. "What does that even mean Simon?" I ask unamused from my seat. He raises a brow, "well, you seem to not hate one another, and I thought we solved that." He narrows his brows. What?

I jump, sitting upright in my seat. "Simon! Harry has already told you we are not a couple of five year olds. We know how to handle ourselves. Do you want us to constantly be at each other's throats? Yelling, arguing in interviews and concerts? Don't you think that would be way more obvious than just being kind to one another? Not every little thing you lay your eyes upon is as big as you make it out to seem. You like to take things way out of proportion, and I'm fucking sick of it already. Grow up." I relax back in my seat and see Harry with his mouth parted open out of the corner of my eyes. 

Simon only watches us, looking back and forth as if we are about to jump at each other and make out intensely.

I know he's just waiting for one of us to screw up, so he can screw us over.

I stand, having enough of it already. "Get a grip Simon, you are not our father. Talk to us if you actually need something, not just to rub the destruction of our lives into our faces. I will continue to be civil with Harry, and I will not constantly be at his throat no matter how much you want us to be. I want to have this tour and make this album the best for our fans, it's what they deserve after everything. I'm leaving."