Chapter 16

So this chapter is a bit of a downer, just letting you know.

Enjoy
Don't hate me ❤️

Louis'POV

"I don't want to have to pour a bucket of water on you bud." I snap my eyes awake, already flinching. I don't want to have water poured on me. The boys used to use this way to wake me up sometimes, but I would always get them back. 

I lay there for a minute and nothing happens, so I crack open an eye and peer outside my bunk. Standing in the middle of them all is Paul. He's leaning over Zayn's bunk, trying to wake him up. I sigh in relief and lay there as I listen to them. 

"What do you want Paul?" I can hear Zayn muttering into his pillow. "Get up, we start recording today." I freeze in my bunk. Recording? We figured out recently the tracks to our list, and I knew we were going to start recording soon, but already? We can't even have our first one in an actual studio. Going back to recording on the bus.  

I hear a few shuffles and watch as Zayn gets up and follows Paul into the music room where some other people from our team are there to help. 

I must have dozed off to sleep because soon enough someone is shaking my arm. I pry my eyes open and roll my head to the right and smile when I see a mop of brown curls. "Hi," he whispers. "Hi." I sigh back. He gives me a small smile before he's leaning in to press our lips together gently, pulling back too soon. I close my eyes and smile again as his fingers run softly through my hair. 

"You have to get up love, we are recording, they wanted me to wake you." He whispers to me. I roll my eyes and force myself to sit up. Harry sits beside me in my bunk, and wraps his arms around me. I nuzzle my nose into his neck and hold onto him, placing soft kisses to the skin there. He giggles and pulls back. I peck him on the nose and stand, following him to the sound room. 

"Morning Louis." Randy, a music producer, greets me as I walk into the room, still rubbing my eyes. I glance at the clock on the wall and widen my eyes. "Randy, it's three a.m. Why do we do this so early?" I groan and plop myself onto one of the couches. He shakes his head and points to the walls of mattresses in the corner. I pull myself up and trudge to them. 

"Because." He states, just that. I roll my eyes, "Okay mom. Why though?" He sighs, simultaneously typing on his phone. "You guys have a busy schedule during the day, and sometimes your voices sound better at night." He tells me. I just give him a look, one that he doesn't see. 

Finally, he looks up from his phone, and hands me two pages of writing. I glance at it and see it is one of Niall's songs. No Judgement. I scan through the lyrics and nod to myself, remember to ask him what his inspiration was, I note to myself. 

"Alright, we are going to play Niall's demo. The parts highlighted is what you'll sing. So that verse," He points to the second verse, "and background on the chorus." I nod and he presses play to Niall's demo.

We replay the music a couple of times until I get it down. "Ready?" Randy asks. I give him a thumbs up and the music starts to play. I bob my head along to the other's voices and wait until after the first chorus to sing.

"I get us breakfast in the morning
Or you can slip out in the night
You don't have to give me a warning
'Cause we both got nothing to hide
Nothing to hide."

I close my eyes, listening to the song, singing the chorus along with the other voices until the song is over. I pull the headphones off and watch Randy and the others nod. "Alright, let's do Midnight next."

~~~~~

"Entertain me somebody please!" I beg aloud as the five of us lay around in the bus. We are driving to our second show in Japan, and it's taking quite a while. After recording, I fell asleep for about three hours, waking up at six.