Chapter 6

The screaming coming from the stadium is defeaning. Louis decides he doesn't really care, he's missed this feeling so much. The feeling of adrenaline he gets when he hears their girls cheering for them.

Tonight was a big night. It's their first concert together since the eighteen month hiatus, and all the boys couldn't be happier. Louis sits backstage, minutes before showtime, and closes his eyes. He has to admit, he's a bit overwhelmed. He's not quite sure why, seeing as he's done this hundreds of times before, it's just very invigorating and he can't help but get nervous. He's going to go back out on stage with his best friends, in front of fans who have loved them for years, even with the break. He was amazed how many people still liked them. He was honestly kind of expecting them to quickly be forgotten and replaced with some new heartthrob boyband. He was grateful for everyone, and loved them all.

He had nothing to fear. Harry and him were on better terms, but as much as he wishes there wouldn't be, he can't stop being anxious that awkwardness will overcome them in some aspects. He just wants to be the same with Harry, minus the touchy part. He wouldn't say it out loud, but deep down he couldn't deny how much he wanted to touch Harry. How he would glance every few seconds at his sinfully strawberry red lips that moved effortlessly when he spoke. His gorgeous eyes that could burn a hole in Louis' face with the amount of intensity they could have, and Louis wouldn't even care. He missed his strong, stable hands, holding Louis close to his body like he might float away if he didn't, and his broad sturdy chest Louis had called a pillow for all those years past.

Thinking about Harry now calmed his nerves a little bit. He took a deep breath and chuckled. He's thinking about Harry so hard he can actually smell him.

He feels someone touch his shoulder, "Louis?" Someone asks. Louis snaps out of his thoughts and sees Harry sitting beside him, hand on his shoulder. He smiles at him. "Hey Harry, what's up?" He asks nonchalantly, like he wasn't just daydreaming about touching him. Harry smiles and leans back against the couch with a shrug. "Nothing much, you just looked kind of stressed." He told Louis. Louis nodded slowly. "Uh, yea. I guess I'm just a bit nervous. Haven't seen our girls in a while. Don't know if they're the same." Louis admits. He can feel a blush creeping up his neck from confessing his feelings. They did promise each other that they would tell the other everything.

Louis moves his head to look back at Harry and finds him already looking into Louis' face. He nods.

(A/N totally not relevant, but Walking In The Wind just came on and now I want to cry :p)

(<3)

"I get it," Harry agrees with Louis. "But Lou, you got to remember how loyal they've always been to us. Even when we weren't giving them what they wanted, they loved us a little more every day." Harry looks in earnest at Louis, trying to get him to remember. Louis sighs and nods, casting his eyes back up to look at Harry's.

His breath hitches as he realizes how close they are. How close Harry's mesmerizing green eyes are to his own, how he can just barely feel his breath fan out against his face. His eyes instinctively flick to Harry's mouth before he mentally scolds himself and looks away. He nods to himself and stands, spinning around to give Harry a hand to help him up. Harry takes it and stands in front of Louis.

"Thanks Haz," Louis says, the nickname coming out of habit from his mouth. He tries not to think about it but he can literally see emotion flicker through Harry's eyes as he nods. "Of course Lou," Harry says. They don't say anything for a few moments until Louis giggles. "Just hug me frog face," Louis laughs. Harry scrunches his face in mock disgust at the name, but nonetheless moves towards Louis, wrapping his arms securely around him. Louis let's out a sigh of relief he didn't know he'd been holding ad squeezes Harry as close to himself as possible.