chapter 6.

"So tell me again, what did he say?" Waverly asks as the three girls pile back into Chrissy's car, leaving the mall.

"We just talked, it was nice," Chrissy says. Waverly looks at her like she's withholding information.

"And that's it?" Waverly doesn't seem to believe her. "So are you going to the dance together?"

"Maybe going to the dance with someone is overrated," Chrissy sighs. 

"Chrissy!" Waverly yells, a little too loud.

"We didn't really have a chance to talk about it," Chrissy explains. "We were alone for a little bit, then Jeremy came."

"Jeremy Chetri?" Waverly asks.

"Yeah," Chrissy says. "They were meeting up for tutoring, I guess," she shrugs. "What about you? Where's your date to the dance?" She asks Waverly, taking some of the attention off herself.

"We're not talking about me here," Waverly warns. Nicole sits quickly in the backseat, observing the interaction.

"Champ is gonna ask you," Chrissy says, as if she's reassuring the brunette that she's not going to have to attend a dance on her own.

"Yeah yeah. It's only homecoming, who cares if we have dates," Waverly shrugs. Nicole can't tell if she's just brushing it off because she doesn't have a date yet, or if she really doesn't care. She never attended many school dances in the past, but when she did, she usually went with the same person.

They return back to Chrissy's house and Nicole brings her new clothes up to her bedroom. She hangs them up and sits back, taking another look at them. It's been a long time since she's had new clothes like that and she's having mixed feelings about it. She remembers, for a moment, the look on Waverly's face when she first came out of the fitting room. It's been a while since anyone has looked at her like that, like she really matters.

She digs through her box of sketchbooks that she still has yet to unpack, and pulls out an old leather bound one. She flips through a few pages, stopping on a drawing of the blonde girl in a dress. She remembers the day she saw her wear the dress and laughs at the memory of the day they picked it out together.

"You have to try it on if I do," the girl teases. She grins back at the redhead as she pulls the curtain of the fitting room to the side before moving behind it. When she is fully out of view, Nicole laughs.

"No way!" She protests. The girl's face pops out from behind the curtain as she tucks it back.

"You're no fun!" She pouts.

"You know I don't wear dresses!" Nicole groans. She can't help but laugh at the pouty lip she's receiving from the girl.

"And I do?" She asks

"Apparently you do now," Nicole laughs as she gestures toward the girl's body that is still covered with the curtain. The girl groans and closes the curtain, coming out a few moments later in the dress. Nicole's jaw nearly hits the floor at the sight and she can only nod in approval.

It takes her a few moments to be able to form words and when she does all she can say is, "damn."

There's a knock at her door, ripping her from her thoughts. She blinks a few times and rubs her eyes. "It's open!" She calls out.

"We're watching Harry Potter if you want to join," Waverly says as she enters the room. Nicole closes her sketchbook when she sees the brunette's eyes drifting toward it.

"Are you staying all weekend?" Nicole asks out of curiosity.

"I usually do. Or we stay at my house," Waverly tells her.