chapter 17.

* there's smut  👀 *

When they arrive at the hotel that Waverly picks out, Nicole watches as her girlfriend pulls a duffle bag out of the trunk of her car. Nicole gives her a puzzled look due to the spontaneous nature of their trip.

"Always be prepared," the brunette says as she takes the lead into the hotel, making her way to the front desk to check them into a room.

"One bed or two?" She hears the woman at the counter asks.

"One is fine," Waverly says sweetly.

A few minutes later she's handing the woman a credit card from her wallet and receiving a set of room keys in return. After another moment, the brunette turns around and gestures for Nicole to follow her.

"Have you done this before?" Nicole says with a laugh.

"Check into a hotel, with my girlfriend, in a place I've never been?" Waverly asks with a laugh. "All the time," she says with a wink.

"I guess you learn something new every day," Nicole teases as she follows her girlfriend down the hall to the elevator of the hotel. "So is your dad going to kill you when he sees the charge in your card?" She asks as they enter the elevator.

"No, I texted Wynonna and she put it on her card," Waverly says with a shrug. "She's going to stay at Doc's tonight and cover for me. My card is just for incidentals."

Nicole's eyes widen in surprise at her girlfriend's ability to be stealthy to get what she wants. While her father might terrify Nicole, Waverly seems to really know her way around things. As they ride the elevator to the fourth floor, Nicole reaches over and takes Waverly's hand in her own.

Her mind floods with thoughts about being alone in a hotel room with her girlfriend. Not that they haven't slept in the same bed before, but they've never been fully alone without the possibility of someone walking in on them. She sees Waverly leaning over the pool table earlier in the day, she feels her drawing shapes on her skin with her fingers. She shakes her head, attempting to get rid of the impure thoughts she's having.

"Is everything okay?" Waverly asks. She must have noticed her head shake.

"Yeah," Nicole says with a smile. The elevator beeps and the doors slide open. Waverly pulls Nicole's hand, leading her down the hall to their room.

"Here we are," Waverly says with a smile. She takes the key and slides it into the slot on the door, the light glows green.

The room isn't huge, but it isn't too small. There's a large bed in the middle of the room, a TV, a small table and chair. They look around for a moment before Waverly heads to the window, opening the curtain to reveal a view of the city.

"Wow," she says. "This is awesome!"

Nicole smiles at her girlfriend. "So you like it here?" She asks. She wraps her arms around the brunette's waist.

"I do," Waverly says, leaning up for a kiss. "You're definitely taking me back," she says when she pulls back from the kiss.

"Deal," Nicole smiles.

"Your friends are really cool," Waverly tells her. She smiles at the thought. It's been a while since she's talked to the people from the city. She hasn't been in contact with anyone since she left and even before that she admits that she had been pretty withdrawn from then. Since Eliza left, nothing felt the same. Nothing felt real. She didn't feel whole. Not until Waverly.

"They really like you," Nicole tells her. "But what's not to like?" She smiles.

"You're a flatterer," Waverly teases, smiling back at the redhead. "But really, I like it here. No one made me feel out of place or different, it's a nice change from where I grew up."