chapter 14.

Nicole wakes the next morning and feels Waverly's small frame curled up against her side. She shifts slightly, attempting not to wake the brunette who is softly snoring next to her.

They spent the majority of the night in the bathroom, so she assumes Waverly isn't going to wake up feeling very well. She doesn't have the slightest idea about what time it is, but the sun shining through her window gives her some indication that it's later than it feels.

She moves over a little, checking her phone to see it's just before 9 am. She slowly slides out of the bed, making sure Waverly is covered up with a blanket before she heads for the bathroom.

On her way out of the bathroom, she picks up Waverly's dirty shirt that she discarded on the floor before she finally decided she felt good enough to go to bed. She ended up sleeping in one of Nicole's t-shirts instead.

When Nicole returns to her room, she tries to be as quiet as possible. She drops the shirt in with her dirty laundry and sits down at her desk, pulling out her sketchbook to draw. She draws for a while, allowing Waverly to sleep.

Waverly shifts in the bed behind her, letting out an audible groan. Nicole turns to see the brunette covering her face with her hands. She internally kicks herself for possibly being the reason Waverly is awake.

"Sorry," Nicole whispers. "Did I wake you?" She asks.

Waverly shakes her head and sits up a little in the bed. "I think the pounding in my head did," she admits.

"Can I get you anything?" Nicole asks, standing up from her desk. Waverly rubs her face with her hands and squints her eyes open again. Nicole climbs into the bed next to her and brushes some loose hair behind the brunette's ear.

"Leave me here to die," Waverly groans, dramatically, causing Nicole to laugh. "I'm sorry," Waverly apologizes.

Nicole immediately shakes her head. "Baby, you don't have to apologize," she tells her.

She sits up a little in the bed, leaning her back against the headboard. She gestures for Waverly to come toward her a little more. The brunette scoots over in the bed, laying her head back in Nicole's lap.

"You're really sweet to me," Waverly tells her. "No one has ever been this sweet to me," she admits.

Nicole brushes Waverly's cheek, softly, with her thumb, and offers her a warm smile. She's not sure why anyone wouldn't want to be there for the brunette. She can't imagine anyone treating her poorly and it makes her mad to think that anyone ever would. "It's okay," Nicole tells her.

"I don't get that bad often," Waverly assures her. "But anytime I ever need anyone to help take care of me, they act like I'm more of a nuisance," she tells her.

"You're not a nuisance to me," Nicole assures her. Waverly reaches up and laces her fingers between Nicole's.

"Thank you," she says, softly. Nicole leans down and presses a kiss on her forehead. "What were you drawing?" She asks, gesturing I've toward Nicole's desk.

"Oh, I was just finishing up a couple of things I started," Nicole says. "I've almost filled another sketchbook," she tells her.

"That's amazing," Waverly says with a smile. "Can I see more of your drawings sometime?" She asks. She hasn't asked to see her drawings since the camping trip. Nicole doesn't mind showing her, it just makes her feel a lot more vulnerable when someone else looks at her drawings.

"Sure," she says.

"Are you ever going to tell me about the girl in some of your drawings?" Waverly asks.