chapter 13.

"So, I may have accidentally told your sister about us," Nicole admits, later that night over the phone. She nervously waits for Waverly's reply. She's sure she probably wanted to be able to at least tell her herself.

"Okay," Waverly says. Nicole is shocked by the calmness of her voice.

"You're being really cool about this," Nicole says as she sits down on her bed, tucking her leg underneath herself. "I didn't mean to tell her," she admits. She tries not to go into too much detail, she doesn't want to let her know about the pregnancy before Wynonna can.

"Babe, it's Wynonna, it's okay," Waverly says with a small laugh. 

"How do you know it was Wynonna?" Nicole jokes. She hears the sound of Waverly's laugh come from over the phone. She loves her laugh.

"Oh yeah?" Waverly asks. "You and Willa have been hanging out now?" She teases.

"Yeah, I really like the judgmental looks I get from her," Nicole tells her, sarcastically. She hears Waverly laugh even louder.

"Yeah, same," the brunette says with another laugh.

Nicole is grateful that the brunette never asks her how she accidentally told her sister about them. She notices how easy it's becoming for Waverly to not want to hide their relationship for people. She knows that she was nervous that she would disappoint people when she finally went for what she wanted, which she was understanding about, but it's still nice to see Waverly isn't ashamed of her.

They end up falling asleep on the phone that night, something Nicole he never done before. Being in a relationship with Waverly seems to already be full of things she's never done before. The last relationship she was in, well, her only other relationship, was different. They didn't have the luxury of keeping in contact when they weren't together. They talked, but communication was never their strong point. She finds it easy to talk to Waverly every chance she gets.

The month of October is coming to an end and Waverly and Nicole have almost finished their history project for the semester. Production slowed down since they spend most of their time kissing instead of actually working.

"So have you thought about what you're wearing to Robin's party this weekend?" Waverly asks in between kissing and trying to actually work on their history project. 

"What's there to think about?" Nicole asks. She figures she'll just find something in her closet to wear. She didn't plan on doing much preplanning.

"Nicole, it's Halloween!" Waverly says, her tone slightly whiny, causing Nicole to laugh.

"Yeah, I don't really do Halloween," Nicole says. She's always down to go to a party, but the dressing up part has never really piqued her interest.

"Who doesn't do Halloween?" Waverly asks, more shocked than Nicole expects. She's sure she's not the only person in the world to not be into Halloween.

"Me," Nicole says. She can't help but laugh at the pouty lip she receives from the brunette. "Put that thing away," she says, pushing Waverly's lip in with her finger. Waverly laughs and pushes Nicole's hand away.

"Will you do it for me?" she asks, blinking her eyes at Nicole. Nicole laughs again and shakes her head at the brunette. "Please?"

"I can try," Nicole says, shrugging her shoulders. She's unsure of what she's actually going to be able to pull off in the next few days, but the look on Waverly's face isn't helping her stick with her gut on this one. Waverly squeals and wraps her arms around Nicole's neck. "What are you going to be?" the redhead asks.