Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Throw the ball to me!" 7 year old me shouted to my best friend, Freddy.

He threw the ball and I missed it. "You threw it to high" I moaned and he laughed. We raced to get the ball.

"Freddy time to come back home" his mum shouted over the fence. "Ok mum, bye Cathy" he said.

"Bye" I replied.

Hi, I am Maya. I'm 7 years old and little did I know that my life was going to change, big time. My best friend is Freddy, who is also seven. He lives next door.

Two weeks had passed since we were playing ball when me and Freddy were playing with my new kitten. I had just got it for my 8th birthday and his birthday was in two days.

Freddy's mum came round with some news.

She didn't look too happy when she was sitting us down at the table. I had the little kitten on my lap.

"Listen, kids," Freddy's mum started. "I have some very important news" she said, looking very serious.

"Freddy," she said, looking straight at him. "I'm so sorry honey, because of your fathers job, we need to move" she said.

I was only little but I understood what she was saying. I was hoping it wasn't too far away.

"Only down the road though?" I asked with a little hope in my voice.

She shook her head. "No Maya moo, we are moving to America." She replied. In case you were wondering, maya moo or moo moo is my nickname. Only my family and Freddy's call me that. My mum came up with it because a) she thought it was cute and b) I used to love making the sound of a cow when I was 2 or three.

"But we are in England. Are you not happy here?" I asked.

She laughed. "We are very happy honey, it's just, Freddy's dad needs to keep his job, so we have to move." She replied.

I felt tears in my eyes, "so Freddy's going too?" I asked. She nodded.

I was close to crying. People will say that I am only little and I shouldn't cry, but I do. I didn't want my best friend to move.

What will I do without him? Who will visit our favorite places with me if he goes? Who will I have ice cream after school with? Who will watch a movie every Friday with me?

I was now crying. Freddy was hugging me. My mum looked upset too.

"When do you leave?" I asked.

"Next Tuesday" she replied.

I counted on my fingers. "But that's only five days away" I stated showing her my five fingers.

"I know honey, I am very sorry." She said.

"Come on Freddy, we need to go home and start packing." She said, putting out her hand for him to take. It took him a couple minutes before he finally took her hand.

He waved as they walked down the path.

It was Tuesday and I woke up crying. Today was the day he was leaving.

You see it has always been me and him against the world. Now I will be alone, and so will he.

I ran outside as he was loading the last of his things into the moving truck.

He ran to me and gave me a hug. "I will miss you" I said between sniffs. He looked at me and ran to the truck. He grabbed something out of one of the boxes. It was his favorite teddy bear, mr cuddles.

He gave it to me. I looked at it in confusion. "I want you to have it" he said. "So you don't forget me" he added.

"How could I ever forget you?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"And remember, I will always love you maya" he said. He kissed me on the cheek then ran off. I was still standing there, tears blurring my vision as he hopped into the car and his dad started the engine.

I waved and hugged the teddy tightly. It smelt like him, and I promised myself I wouldn't wash it.

I watched the car drive away, with Freddy waving out of the window. I waved back until it drove around the corner and disappeared, which was when I was pulled inside by my mother.

He was gone.

I didn't even know weather I would see him again.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Let me know what you think in the comment's section.

Follow my instagram -> jess221199_wattpad

XxjessxX