Chapter 7

I woke up and got ready for school, it was Friday. Only one day to go till the weekend. I had music and English today.

I put on a crop top and a pair of shorts. I had my leather jacket over it and I was ready to go. I was running a little late so I just said good morning to my mum and hopped onto my bike.

I got to school and everyone was talking about my fight. Videos were going round the school and Lilly sent me the one that she thought was the best. I just hoped I wasn't going to be questioned about who Sally was or why she was annoyed with me and calling me names.

I got into music. Miss had a new seating plan for us. I had to go by Freddy. Yay me!

"hey Maya" he said. "Hey" I grumbled. I didn't want to sit next to him because where he is, Bella isn't to far away. Just as I thought, she came and sat he opposite side of him.

"well isn't this nice and cosy" she said. I glared at her.

Why was she here, she doesn't go to this school.

"Class, work on your pieces from last year." Miss said. "Maya you come to me." I walked to the front of the class.

"Now I know you are a good piano player so this lesson I want you to choose a song to play. You can choose any song you like." I nodded. "Oh and have you chosen a song for the talent competition?" She asked.

"Yep, I have chosen, just a dream." I replied. She smiled.

"why don't you play piano as well?" She asked. "It will get you higher marks" she tempted.

"Thats a great idea, can I work on it this lesson?" I asked. "Yeah sure" she replied.

I went and sat at the piano. I am good because while I was being bullied I found that playing the piano took my mind off things so I started having lessons and I am pretty good. I can pick up a tune instantly.

I pulled out my iPod and listened to the song. I found the first note, then the second, then the third. Just then miss came back with the music sheet.

I then knew what I was going to play. I started to play the piece. I sectioned it off then played the first part slowly. I repeated this until I got it correct, then I sped it up so it got to the correct speed.

I did this until I had completed the whole piece. I was playing out loud this whole time, because miss likes to hear what I am doing. I played the whole thing and people had put down their headphones to listen.

They clapped at the end and I smiled. "How long have you played?" Freddy asked me. "Since you left" I said. He sunk in his seat.

I realized that I probably shouldn't have said that since I bet he's thinking that he held me back and he stopped me from finding my talent or something like that.

Bella was huffing in her seat, probably jealous that I'm getting attention. She took her splitter out. "What are you doing?" Freddy asked.

She started to play, out of tune, not in time and not even the correct notes. I walked over to the plug and pulled the switch. She continued to bang the keyboard until she realized what I had done.

"I don't know where you came from, but that is not how we play piano around here" I said. "What were you trying play?" I asked.

"Uh duh! The work sheet, I'm yours, by Jason mraz, wasn't it obvious" she said.

"Uhh nope" I said "I believe it goes like this" I walked over to my piano and began to play. I love the song.

I finished and she had sank down in her seat again.

"I learnt it in year 6, I found it pretty easy." I explained. Just then the bell for break went, we had another two hours of music before lunch.

I met Lilly and Chloe in the dinner hall. We got a snack and sat down outside on the grass. I saw Freddy walking our way with Bella in tow.

"Go back to your own country" I whispered and the girls giggled.

"What are you laughing at?" Freddy laughed.

"Oh just a comment M made" Chloe said.

"Really, what did she say?" Bella asked.

"I said go back to your own country" I explained, I'm not scared of her.

I got my earphones out and put them on full blast. I put on lock doh and lay down on the soft grass. Breathing in the scent around me.

It was suddenly taken over by Freddy who lay next to me.

"Freddy, why are you lying down on the grass? It's dirty down there" I could hear it over my earphones her voice was that loud.

I grabbed a handful of grass and threw it at her.

"Ewwwwww" she shouted and stormed off. I heard Freddy laughing beside me. I took out one of my earphones and asked, "what you laughing at?"

"That, how you just threw the grass at her, it was funny." He replied.

"But she's your girlfriend" Lilly said.

"Yeah but there's only one girl who I really want and Maya knows who that is" he said.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yeah" he replied, "I better go after her" he said, standing up and pointing in the direction that Bella ran off in.

"You do that" I told him.

After break I went back to music, I sat down and practiced my playing some more. When I thought I did the piece well, I sang along too.

By the end of the lesson, my piece was complete and ready for the talent competition.

I then had English. An hour of English, great. At least lunch was first though.

I finished school at 3:30 and drove home.