Chapter 5

It was true, I did have singing practice. But I didn't know which song to choose. I kept my door open and they had theirs open. She was talking about what he missed and he was staring at me.

I scrolled through my playlists. I decided on a song. I really wanted to do lullaby by professor green but I had no one to do the rap. I could do it but I didn't want to. I couldn't be bothered. It wouldn't sound right anyways, it's meant to be a boy and a girl not just a girl.

I decided on just a dream. The one by Christiana Grimmie and Sam Tsui. It's for a boy and girl but I think that one would be ok with just a girl because it's all singing no rapping.

I started singing and I had my music up high. I always song with my music too loud so it pressures me to sing louder and over the music. I heard a bang as something flew into my room and hit the floor. It was the teddy.

I looked at Freddy. I turned my music off. "Where's posh tots? I asked. I walked onto the balcony so we could talk. We were almost touching as we leaned over our balconys.

"In the bathroom. I want you to have the teddy, you need it more than me" he explained.

"I don't need a teddy" I replied.

"Yeah but it has been through a lot with you, I want you to have it" he replied.

"Alright then" I said.

"Did you mean what you said when you left?" I blurted out.

He looked confused and I don't think he remembered what he said.

"What did I say?" He asked. Well if he can't remember then he obviously didn't mean it.

"Never mind, you can't remember so it can't be that important." I replied.

"What is going on here?" A squeaky little voice shouted.

"Well posh tots, I am having a conversation with my neighbour. Is that not aloud?" I replied before walking off into my room.

"Whatever, just stop that awful singing" she demanded.

"I can't hear any awful singing, just mine" I said before turning my music up so loud that I couldn't hear her little comment after. I mouthed to her 'sorry I can't hear you' then began singing. I turned it back to it's original level after they had gone inside.

She was annoying me.

I got a text from Lilly saying that there was a party tonight. I jumped in delight. It was a welcome back to school party and just as Lilly text me my invite came through. I saw Freddy look at his phone. I turned my music off.

"Party?" I asked him and he nodded. "You going?" I asked. He nodded again.

"Ooooo a party I want to go and meet you're friends." She shouted in her squeaky voice.

"Alright Bella you can come too" he said with a sigh. I chuckled.

I closed my curtains and got dresses in my short black dress I got last time I went shopping. I opened my curtains again to see Freddy ready and Bella in a long red dress. She looked like she belonged more in a wedding than a high school party. I still had no make up on though. There was still an hour left. Just enough time.

"Are you putting any make up on?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"So you're going like that? Haven't you got any other dresses?" I asked.

"This is what all my dresses are like" she replied.

"Where's your skirt, or are you wearing trousers?" She asked.

"Uhhh this is a dress" I told her "are you sure, it looks like a top" she said.

"Oh boy, you're not gonna last." I sighed to myself with the hint of a laugh.

I got my make up on and did my hair.

"Hey Maya you need a ride?" Freddy asked. "Mums driving me." He said.

"No thanks I have my own ride" I said. I walked to the garage and pulled out my motorcycle. My mum knows the head of the police department and he owed my mum a big favor so I asked her if she could ask him if I could ride a motorcycle. He asked and I got. Yay me!

"You're riding a motorcycle?!" He asked. I nodded. "Are you sure you don't want a ride Maya?" He asked.

"OMG Maya is here?" I heard his mother shout.

"Yeah Paula I do live next door to you" I pointed out. "Oh yeah let me see her" she said walking out of the door. It was still light outside so she can see me.

"Where's Maya?" She asked. "Right here" I replied.

"No way is that you!" She said.

"It's me" I replied.

"Where's the rest of your dress?" She asked.

"That's what I said" Bella sneered.

"Bella, I'm not going to be the odd one out at this party love." I said to her. She looked confused and I laughed.

Just then my mum pulled into the drive. "Maya where are you going?" She asked.

"There's a party to welcome people back to the school at Ryder's house and I'm going mother." I said

"Well last time I told you you couldn't go to a party, we ended up in a big fight. So I guess you are going then, and at least the dress is an improvement from last time. That one was just under your butt. Now at least this one is a little longer" she said.

"Mom, nobody says butt anymore, we say ass" I explained.

"Well I don't like that word so I am going to continue using the word butt" she said.

"Whatever, see ya" I replied hopping onto my bike. I've got my heels in my bag, I'm driving in converse. It's impossible to drive in heels. I've tried it once.