Chapter 8

It's the weekend!!!

I got up and went shopping with my besties! We walked around the shopping centre. I went into loads of different shops.

So far I had brought, a cute skirt, a new pair of shoes and a pair of hoops (earrings).

When we stopped for lunch, we noticed Freddy with Bella. He spotted me and I looked away. I prayed that he didn't come near me, I didn't want to talk to Bella.

He didn't come near me, thank god. I looked around and spotted them. Freddy looked annoyed as Bella dragged him into accessory stores. I saw them walk out and she had another bag to add to the 13 bags she had already. She dragged him into new look, he still didn't look too happy. They walked past the video game store and it looked like he asked if he could go in. She shook her head.

I walked over to them. "I will go into the video game store with you Freddy" he smiled.

We walked in, I wanted a new Xbox game anyways.

I saw gta 5 sitting on the shelf and grabbed it. I accidentally snapped mine the other day. I sat on it. So I am forced to buy a new one.

Freddy looked at me funny "you play gta?" He asked. I nodded. "Really? I have never met a girl that plays it before" he said. He looked generally shocked.

Don't know why though, loads of girls play it.

I brought the game and he got FIFA 16. We walked out of the shop to see Bella on the other side, coming out of another store with another bag.

"More money spent on Bella." Freddy muttered.

I was shocked. "You're paying for all of that!" I shouted.

"Yeah, he always pays for me" she said.

"Are you serious? He's not made of money you know" I said.

"He is when I'm around" she said.

"Really? Why are you paying for all of that Freddy?" I asked, he shrugged.

"Well Bella if you were a nice girl then you would have let him go into the video game store, since he is paying for all your stuff and he doesn't even want to go into the stores, you can tell by his face every time you suggest another shop." I explained.

"Yes he does like going into the shops, don't you Freddy" she said.

"Not really" he a answered truthfully.

"See" I said.

"So I see you got a new video game" she chuckled. "Girls aren't meant to play video games" she said.

"Yeah but loads do so get over it" I said to her.

"It's actually pretty cool that Maya plays video games" Freddy said.

Her mouth hung open, but she quickly closed it "I love playing video games" she said.

"No you don't" I stated. She nodded. "Have you played on an xbox?" I asked, she nodded again. "Have you played on gta?" I asked again. She nodded more "how do you get into a car?" I asked her. She froze

"The c butten" she blurted out. "Their isn't even a c butten, it's the y butten" I corrected her. She looked defeated. "Haha" I said before walking back to my friends.

"What game did you get?" Lilly asked

"Gta 5" I replied.

"But I thought you already had that?" Chloe asked.

"I snapped it" I replied.

"How on earth did you do that?" Lilly asked,

"I sat on it" I replied.

They both burst out laughing and I rolled my eyes.

We continued to walk around the shops.

When we were finished, I waved goodbye to Chloe and Lilly and drove down the road to a little place that I haven't been since Freddy left.

Chilly's ice cream parlour.

Me and Freddy used to go there as kids, then he moved away and I stopped going. He used to say that he would ever only come with me, because he said that I was the only girl he loved. It was sweet.

I ordered an ice cream "Maya?" Betty asked. "It's me!" I said.

As me and Freddy were regular customers, we were well known in the building. So we knew Betty. She was the owner.

"Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in ages!" She cried "why?" She asked,

"Well Freddy moved away and then I was bullied and I didn't really want to come back, you know, too soon with too many memories" I replied.

"Well do you want your usual?" She asked, I nodded.

"I will just be a sec." She said. She started rummaging around in the cupboard under the cash machine and she pulled out a little plate. It was my special plate. It had my name on it. Freddy had one too.

Every time we came in she knew exactly what we wanted. I wanted a scoop of chocolate a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of vanilla. With chocolate sauce and sprinkles.

"I always knew you would come back" she smiled.

I smiled back and said thank you. I took the seat in the corner where me and Freddy always used to sit. I put my earphones in and started to play my talent show song.

Just then the door chimed as it opened. I looked up to see Freddy walk through the door. I quickly put my hood up and sank down in my seat hiding my face but clearly showing that I had earphones in, so he wouldn't try to talk to me.

I noticed that he had brought Bella. I felt my childhood heart shatter. My real heart, still there, but if I was 8 then I would be devastated. He said I was the only girl he brought here. Guess he lied.

He ordered is and Betty gave him his plate. She thrust Bella's to her. They started walking my way. I sank down further.

"Why do we have to have this seat again?" Bella asked.

"Because this is me and Maya's seat." He replied.

"Ugh I hate that girl, she has no manners and she is a total slut. Her skirt is so short, it's ridiculous." She said.

As much as I wanted to look up, I stopped myself. She wasn't worth my time. I have already been in a fight that weekend, I don't need another.

"Maya?" Freddy asked. I took off my disguise.

"Damn the stupid name plates" I said. I had totally forgot about them.

"I didn't expect to see you here, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came for ice cream like every other person." I snapped back. Why does he care?

"Well can we sit with you?" He asked.

"Why, for the booth. Don't worry, I will find another, this one isn't even that special." I sad gathering up my things. "I will go to that one, where I had my first kiss or that one, where I was asked to the leavers prom at the end of primary, there were some nice and kind boys in that class you know." I said.

I totally lied about the first kiss thing and the prom thing, none of those happened. I just wanted to get a message to him. He looked hurt.

I grabbed my bowl and sat on the counter. Only I was aloud to do that.

"I see some tension" Betty said, I nodded to her.

"I hate him" I said.

"Now honey, hate is a strong word" she said before she went back to serving some new customers that had just come in.

"If hate is a strong word," I muttered to myself "then this is the perfect time to use it"