Chapter 2

I still kept the teddy on my bedside table, and it still smelt of him.

"Maya moo" my mum shouted from downstairs. "It's Maya, not Maya moo or moo moo, just Maya" I shouted back. I had never used the name Maya moo from that day. Call me crazy, but that name always reminded me of him.

"Fine, Maya, whatever" my mum said, I rolled my eyes. "Breakfast is ready."

I walked down the stairs. Dressed in a short skirt and a crop top.

I walked I to the kitchen and my mum looked me up and down. She obviously didn't like what I was wearing, judging by the look on her face.

"You used to be such a sweet kid, what changed" she muttered quietly to herself, but I still heard.

"Yeah yeah, whatever" I said. She says that at least once everyday. No joke.

I finished my breakfast. "Gotta go" I shouted as I walked to the front door. I opened it and walked to the bus stop.

I was now 17. The holidays had just finished and I am now going into my next year of school.

The bus finally turned up and I hopped on. I looked for my best friend. "Hey" I said as I saw her.

"Heya, omg I love that top" Chloe said to me as I sat down. "Thanks" I replied.

We got to the next stop and Lilly hopped onto the bus. "Hey" I greeted.

Well it used to be me and Freddy against the world. When he left, I didn't speak to anyone, for six weeks. Not even my parents. I did, however, tell my mum not to tell Freddy's mum what I was going through. Because no matter how old I was, I knew he would hate what was happening.

I was bullied after he left, I was the loner at school. Turns out, most of my friends, were only Freddy's friends. I had no one. It was when I went I to secondary school when I changed my style.

I wore different clothes, got back in shape, because I put a lot of weight on. And changed my attitude.

We got to school and looked around. There were quite a few new faces around. "OMG Maya that guy is totally checking you out!" Lilly shouted.

I looked in the direction that she was looking and saw a guy with brown hair and bright blue eyes staring right at me. He looked familiar, perhaps I saw him somewhere in the holidays or something.

I brushed it off. "I already have a boyfriend remember" I pointed out to Lilly. She rolled her eyes. My boyfriend was a popular, like me. I wouldn't say I was the most popular, but I am up there somewhere with my besties right by my side.

You see, me and my besties, we stick together. We all have the same amount of popularity.

I heard a little bit of a conversation next to me. Two of the girls in my class walked by and I heard them say something like

"Freddy's back, isn't he just so gorgeous" then they giggled like little girls.

I froze. They didn't just day Freddy, did they? Maybe it was my ears playing up. Because I have been thinking about him a lot lately. I brushed the whole thing off.

I walked into form after I parted ways with Lilly and Chloe. They had a different form room. The guy that I saw earlier was there. Brown hair, blue eyes.

He watched me walk in and take my seat at the back in the corner.

"Good Morning Maya" miss said. "It was until I saw you" I replied. I don't like my form tutor, she is so annoying.

"I hope that you are going to be good this year" she said. She wishes. "Saying that at the start of the year isn't going to help anything miss, you know I'm gonna do the exact opposite." I replied.

Most people were watching, including the boy from earlier, he hadn't taken his eyes off me. He looked a mixture of shocked, confused and a little... Guilt?

Whatever, who cares. I don't even know the dude.

"I know" miss sighed.

She walked to the front of the class. She began registration. "Claire..... Percy....." I zoned out. "Oh a new student" she cried half way through the register. "Freddy" she said. The boy with the brown hair and blue eyes replied, "yes miss"

Freddy... Did she say Freddy... I studied the boy carefully. Then it all came flooding back. I ran out of the room. I was crying. It all came back,

-the day he left
-the silent treatment
-the lonely ness
-the bullying
-my eating problem
-my friends all leaving me
-those words he said

Everything, this was terrible. I can't face him. He has no idea of what happened after he left. I'm gonna go all emotional every time I see him. He's gonna know it's me.

I walked back into form after I thought I looked normal again. "Sorry miss I got bored of the register so I went to the bathroom to text my friend." I said. She sighed.

"Just sit down" she said. Freddy looked at me. I mouthed 'what you looking at' he turned around immediately and blushed. I sniggered. He blushed and it was pretty cute, wait, what?

I got through the day, gave the teachers attitude, but not the ones I like, only the rude ones. I still do all my work though.

Turns out, Freddy gets on my bus. Lilly and Chloe had got off and I put my earphones in, listening to boss by fifth harmony. I felt the seat next to me sink.

The earphones were pulled out of my ears. "Me and you against the world?" He asked.

I froze. "No" I replied "not anymore" I ended before I got off.

I speed walked all the way home. I almost made it to my front garden before he grabbed my hand. "what happened to you?" He asked.

"I grew up" I spat before yanking my hand free and storming into my house. I noticed he walked into next door, his old house.

"Mum" I shouted. "Yes honey?" She asked. "Did you know about him moving back?" I asked. She looked at the floor and nodded. I stormed up the stairs, why didn't she tell me?

I opened my balcony door and sat on the chair out there. The bad thing about the balcony, is it's only a tiny distance away from his balcony. That's why I used to love my room so much, because I could talk to him.

I called my boyfriend because he wasn't in school today. " hey baby" he answered.

"Hey babe" I replied. "You ok? You wasn't in school today" I asked.
"Yeah fine, just sick this morning." He replied.
"Yeah well I'm not kissing you till next week cause I don't want to be sick too" I laughed. He laughed too.

It was so good to hear his voice. I like him so much.

Now I guess you are thinking 'like?' Well, I don't love him because I guess I don't think that I'm going to marry him. It doesn't seem like he's the one, as some people say.

But I still like him very very much.

"Anyway, I gotta go, mums cooked me some soup" I heard him say, I wrinkled my nose,

"I hate soup" I laughed.

"I know, bye babe"

"See ya" I replied.

I turned off my phone and started to read the book I brought out with me.

Someone was staring at me, I could feel it. My eyes snapped up to see Freddy staring right at me. I closed my book.

"So you still hate soup huh?" He asked, with slight amusement in his voice.

I sent him a look that said 'I don't wanna talk to you so leave me alone' then opened my book and began to read. I wasn't gonna talk to him, I am not saying that he shouldn't have left, it's the fact he never called. I did call him though, 14 times, once every day, but he never picked up. Not once. I am still angry about that. On the 15th day, I was about to call again but I didn't.

I thought, what's the point, he never picks up anyway.