Chapter 4: First Day of School

Rae dresses on some dark skinny jeans, a brown sweater, a black leather jacket, her leather gloves, and some black converse high tops

Rae dresses on some dark skinny jeans, a brown sweater, a black leather jacket, her leather gloves, and some black converse high tops. Some shoes one of the patients' family members gave to her when she was sixteen last year.

Raelynn leaves her room after writing in her diary and she finds Caleb and Carla dressed for school, too. Caleb's long hair is flowing freely while Carla's is in a tight ponytail. Mary is dressed in some light purple scrubs, she's a nurse at Forks Community Hospital.

"You have a good first day, sweetheart," Mary says. "You have any problems, call."

Mary grabs a post-it and she writes both her cell and the hospital number down and hands it over. Raelynn puts the post-it into the pocket of her leather jacket and follows her siblings out to Caleb's Nissan Altima. Carla willingly gets into the back, allowing Rae to ride shotgun while Caleb drives.
⚪️⚪️⚪️▫️⚪️⚪️⚪️

"So, Mary," dr. Carlisle Cullen says to his favorite nurse, his friend, as he walks up to her in the halls. "Did your daughter ever make it?"

"We picked her up yesterday," Mary replies. "She starts school today. Poor thing's nervous."

"I'd say she is," Carlisle says with a smile. "New place, new people."

"Yeah," Mary replies softly. "I'll see you around, doctor Cullen."

Carlisle smiles lightly. "Mary, it's Carlisle when we're away from the patients. We're friends, right?"

"Right," Mary replies with a smile. "I'll see you around, Carlisle."
⚪️⚪️⚪️▫️⚪️⚪️⚪️

"Jess, Jess!" Caleb groans as Jessica Stanley complains about her mom, again. "This is my sister, the one I told you about, Raelynn."

Jessica looks at Raelynn and she smiles tightly. "Mind if I finish this conversation?"

Caleb watches as Raelynn walk away without a word. "Really, Jess?"

"What?" Jessica asks.

Angela Webber sighs. "You were rude to your boyfriend's sister."

Jessica pouts. "I'm sorry, Caleb."

Caleb hums before he kisses Jessica's forehead. "I know you are, Jess."

Jessica smiles and she walks away with Angela and her other friend, Mike Newton. Jessica is dating Caleb but she's crushing on Mike. She plans on breaking up with Caleb, and soon.