Chapter 34: The Chase

"Where are the others?" Rosalie asks Rayna and Raelynn, who are staying with her.

"Chasing Victoria," Raelynn replies. "Reduce bitch decided to show up in Forks."

Rosalie nods, "at least you two are with me."
⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Alice's eyes are glazed over as she watches something in her mind. Victoria. There is a mist in the woods, along with shadows. Emmett and Jasper are sharing together. Marianna and Esme are standing near Carlisle as Alice stands a little way back, but not too far.

"You sure this is where you saw her?" Jasper asks.

"She's almost here," Alice replies and she continues watching Victoria. "On your left!"

Emmett explodes to his left, Marianna is quick to appear right behind him. Carlisle and Jasper go wide, looking to cut Victoria off somehow. Esme and Alice follow up in the rear.

"Wait!" Carlisle demands as Victoria jumps the treaty line. "She's in their territory."

"She'll get away!" Marianna declares.

"No, she won't!" Jasper says to his mate.

The wolves of Sam, Paul, Jared, and Caleb are running on the other side after the red head. The Cullens continue running on their side if the treaty. The pack and the vampires continue running on their own sides of the ravine and Victoria jumps back into vampire territory.

"All our show," Emmett boasts as the vampires close in.

Emmett gets closer and he grabs Victoria by the shoulders and the hair. The two roll over a keester. Victoria uses the momentum to her own advantage and she flings Emmett off of her and into a tree. She takes off running and jumps the ravine. Emmett, seeing red, flies over after her.

"Emmett, no!" Esme cries.

Paul and Emmett stare at each other, glaring. Caleb stands in between Jared and Clara, who is still a wolf how. Sam let Clara come with them in the chase because she is a wolf, regardless. But he wanted to teach her how fast they can truly be compared to the cold ones.

Everyone knows it would be simpler if Emmett would defuse the situation by jumping back to the vamoire side, but they also know that it isn't Emmett's style.

Paul growls with bravado, which makes Emmett smile. Victoria watches curiously as the wolf and the vampire charge at one another.
⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️

Raelynn slaps Emmett across the head after Alice tells her what he did during the chase of Victoria. Emmett pouts like a child and he sits beside Rosalie, and he puts his hand in her stomach and Henry moves for the first time, surprising both Rosalie and Emmett, but they smile nonetheless. 

Rae smiles at their happiness and she goes to the kitchen. She cooks some gnocchi with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Rosalie comes wandering into the room when she smells the delicious Italian food.

"You learned more recipes in Italy," Rosalie pointed out.

"I didn't just spend time in the basement of the Volterra library," Raelynn muses. "That's was a huge recipe book in the second story of the library there." 

"It smells amazing," Rosalie claims as Raelynn cooks. "I'm glad I'm human while pregnant so that I can eat and sleep... And most importantly, have a child with my loving mate."

"A human baby," Raelynn muses. "I'm happy for you."

Rosalie thanks her and then a silence takes over the room. It's a comfortable silence, though, so the girls can tolerate it. The smell of food is enough to keep both girls calm. Raelynn and Rosalie eat at the kitchen counter as soon as the food is done cooking.