Chapter 40: Goodbye, for now

(Fourteen days later)

Alice and Raelynn are snuggling on the couch while Rosalie rubs her stomach. She's eight months pregnant. She's due next month in September. She could give birth to Henry anywhere from the thirteenth to the twenty-second.

Alice goes into a vision and Rae touches her arm and she sees it.

"Bella? Are you all right?" Alice asks as she answers Bella's phone call as Rae storms upstairs to pack

Rae has faced too much, too much trouble since Bella arrived but this? This is crossing a line, and Raelynn won't be here for it. Alice soon walks in and she watches her pack.

"Is this goodbye?" Alice asks.

Rae walks over with her suitcase. She places her suitcase down and she grabs both sides of Alice's face.

"This is goodbye, for now," Raelynn claims. "I know I'll see you again." She holds up her right hand, showing Alice the promise ring she still wears.

Alice looks at her own and she smiles. "Goodbye, for now, my love," she coos and she kisses Rae. "But..."

"I won't tell," Raelynn says. "I know how to block my thoughts from Aro."

"I love you," Alice says as Edward and Bella enter the house.

"I love you, too," Rae says and she leaves.
⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

"Hey!" Renata greets twelve hours later when Rae gets off the plane on Florence.

"Hey," Rae greets. "Could you bring me to the Kings as soon as we get to the castle?"

"They're expecting you," Renata replies and they head toward a car where Felix is driving.

"Hello, miss Cullen," Felix greets, still thinking Raelynn's last name is Cullen.

"Hello, Felix," Raelynn replies.
🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

"There she is," Aro says as Felix and Renata lead Raelynn into the throne rooms.

"Hi, dad," Rae greets softly.

Aro walks down the stone steps and he walks up to Rae. "I can tell you're stressed. What is it?"

"I want to join you," Rae says and Caius sits up a bit, surprised. "I want to join the Volturi if there is an opening."

Aro smiles widely. "Of course there is AJ opening for you. And one for Alice when she comes."

"Thank you," Raelynn says.

"Jane, go get the crest I had made for Raelynn when she went home," Aro says and the blonde vampire leaves. "Welcome to the Volturi, Raelynn."

Marcus leads her over to the table and opens a ledger for the Volturi members. He hands Raelynn a pen and she signs her name as Raelynn Cullen, instead of using Jones. Marcus closes the book and he actually smiles at the Volturi's newest member. Caius and aro smiles, knowing that Alice won't be too far behind.
⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Once she has her coven crest around her neck, Rae heads to the kitchen. The kitchen in the castle is the size of two of the Cullens' kitchen. Rae makes herself some cacio e Pepe lasagna. She eats in the Volturi kitchen before going to her chambers.

Her Skype is ringing and has Rosalie's face on it. She walks over and answers.

"Hey," Rosalie greets. "I'm sorry you were ran off by Bella."

"It's okay." Raelynn claims. "I'm officially a member of the Volturi now."

"Alice said she will join you soon, but she wants to..."

"Be there, I know," Raelynn replies.

"You look good with that crest around your neck," Rosalie compliments while Carlisle examines Bella.

"Aro had it made when I went home with Alice, Edward, and Bella," Raelynn says as she grips onto the crest. "I've found the place where I belong."

"You did," Rosalie agrees. "I'll call you when I have Henry."

"All right," Rae replies and she hangs up.

Rae looks at the frosted rose Renata had given her the last time she was here. Raelynn smiles at it before she opens the doors. She finds her two usual guards, Renata and Demitri. She smiles at them before she closes the door and lays in her bed.