Chapter 7: Truths

Raelynn walks outside with her mom and sees a red 2001 Ford Explorer parked beside Caleb's car.

"I bought it off Billy Black in La Push," Mary says and she hands Raelynn the keys. "It's yours."

"Really?" Rae asks in surprise as Caleb smiles, and so does Carla.

"Yes, ma'am, it's all yours," Mary replies. "It's already legal."

Raelynn thanks her mom. "Will my gloves me dry today?"

"Should be," Mary replies. "I'll check them when I get off tonight. You just focus on homework today, and Alice." Mary winks at her seventeen-year-old when she says Alice's name and she heads to her car.

"Carla, who are you ridin' with?" Caleb asks. "Me or Rae?" 

"Rae!" Carla exclaims amd she looks at her sister. "Can I ride with you to school?"

"Of course," Rae replies and she shows her permit, something she got while she was in the mental hospital, the headmaster person let her take the test since she wasn't a critically 'crazy' person, and she shows it to Carla. "And I'm legal to drive."

Carla laughs happily and she runs to the passenger's side of the car. Caleb pats Raelynn's shoulder before getting into his own car. Rae then gets into hers and starts it up. Carla goes on the radio and finds the rock station.

"I knew I liked you best," Rae muses.

"I knew I was your favorite!" Carla cheers. "Don't tell Caleb, he'll make it a competition."

"My lips are sealed, Carla," Rae muses.

Raelynn drives to school and she parks beside Caleb's car. She turns the car off and before she's out, Carla has already ran to her other freshman friends.

Rae smiles a little before getting out herself. She spots Alice across the lot, waving her over. Raelynn smiles at her brother and his buddies before she crosses the lot.

"Hi, Alice," Rae greets.

"New car?" Alice asks with a smile.

"My mom bought it off one of her 'friends'," Raelynn says. "This is my first day driving it."

"Rae, these is my siblings," Alice introduces. "Rosalie, Marianna, Jasper, Edward, and Emmett. Guys, this is Raelynn Jones."

"Hi," Raelynn says and Rosalie shakes her hand, and immediately, Raelynn sees every thought she had and her eyes widen.