Chapter 9: Accidents Happen

Raelynn drives to school a few days later, and she parks beside her brother's car. Carla hugs Rae before she goes off to her friends. Caleb gives Raelynn a quickly before he goes to Tyler and Mike.

Rae walks across the lot, where Alice openly hugs her tightly. But not too tight. Raelynn smiles as she hugs Alice back, Rosalie and Jasper smile at each other but they try to grant Raelynn and Alice as much privacy as they can.

"How was your night?" Alice asks as they pull apart and head toward the school.

"It was good, I spent the night talking and getting to know my siblings more," Rae replies.

"That's good," Alice coos. "Your outfit's cute."

"Thank you," Raelynn says as she tugs the parka coat tighter around her shivering body. "It's cold today."

"Black ice on the blacktop," Alice says as the two finally make it to the building. "I'll see you in art, beautiful."

"You too," Rae replies and the girls walk in opposite directions.
⚪️⚪️⚪️▫️▫️▫️⚪️⚪️⚪️

Mary drives to La Push, since it's her day off, and she pulls up to Billy's house. She sees a couple boys setting up the backyard for what looks to be a bonfire. She smiles before walking up the wheelchair ramp and she knocks on the door.

Billy opens the door and he smiles up at the lovely woman standing before him. "Hey, Mary." He rolls back, out of the way. "Come in, please."

Mary steps inside the house of her close, close friend with whom she has a date with on Friday. "Hey."

Billy smiles before they go to the living room, he rolls over to the couch where Mary's sitting and he takes her hand. "Are you sure you want to go out with me? I can't... perform anymore."

"I don't care about that... I haven't had a sex drive since I was with Carla's father," Mary says as she holds Billy's hand, too. "I'm not worried about your bedroom performance, Billy. I like you for you. You're a kind man, and all three of my kids approve even if Rae hasn't met you yet. She wants me happy, so she doesn't care."

"I'd like to meet her, Raelynn," Billy claims. "I've met both Caleb and Carla."

"I'll talk to Raelynn about it," Mary promises as she strokes her thumb over Billy's. "Are you sure you want me? My three kids will add you your three."

"Jacob won't mind having another boy around," Billy says. "He might complain about having two more girls around but, he's a boy. How else would he react?"

Mary smiles a little. "I'm ready for Friday. To put a start to us."

Billy smiles as he leans back in his wheelchair, "so am I, Mary. I'm ready to move on."

Mary smiles and she sits back on the couch. "So am I."
⚪️⚪️⚪️▫️▫️▫️⚪️⚪️⚪️

Raelynn is standing with the Cullens after school at their cars. Alice is talking to Marianna about hunting. Edward is getting into his Volvo when his eyes meet Bella's. He hears a high pitched screech and it grows lower. Rae looks to the sound and sees a black van swerving around a curve in the parking lot.