AN OFFER

I'm looking at Sandra who is waiting in anticipation for an answer, " Sandra there is a bigger problem right now, can we talk about this later, this is not the right time for it."Her expression was dry and sad, but I could do nothing to even change it, the situation that I'm about to face now is far more grave and terrible.

"Its okay , but what problem now?".She sounded annoyed and irritated .
"I'll talk about it later, but we need to get to uncle Mario right now , so let's waste no time". I let her lead the way as I follow behind at close heels.
We enter back into the party, Wow the world outside set me in a different headspace , the feelings exactly like when you submerge a speaker inside the water where it goes all numb and then when pulled out the music resurfaces again.

I scan the room to find uncle Mario but he is no where to be found, and then I see him looking at me over his wine glass , as we walk towards the mahagony wood table he is seated at , he motions for me to take a seat next to him and offers a glass of white wine to which I decline politely. I gesture for Sandra to take a seat next to mine away from this pervert who is looking at her like she is a happy meal and incase might do something in return to which my answer will be a fist fight which I'm in no mood to engage in at this hour of the night.

He gives me one of his signature one eyebrow cocked to the side look before saying " So Massimo are you enjoying your time in Poland,I know this place means a lot to you , cause the memories that it contains is worth every penny, am I right ?".
He is trying his best to irritate and get a reaction out of me but not this time sir I've mastered the art of patience , where no matter how much you bug me I won't tell a word or break character, and for this new reflection of my personality all thanks to Laura , she thought me a lot of patience when I had zero tolerance to bullshit.

"Where is Laura's parents?".I ask with a
tone hinting to a subtle don't play any stupid games with me but with a broad smile.
"There is no Laura's parents over here I knew you were hiding somewhere and  there was no way to get you out of the lions den until I lied to you and , don't act like you are the innocent one that has no clue about what the hell is going on , Daniel told me everything about your little plan."He splays his legs in front of him as he leans back pulls out a cigar and lights it up , as he puffs out the toxic air right in my face making me cringe to my fucking core.

"Massimo your uncle Mario is in this mafia shit way back when you weren't even born,I've handled Don's that people are even scared to talk about them now after many years, Massimo legacy is what matter at the end of the day and since your dad left it on me to look after you , I have an offer , the choice is yours to accept it or not".

"Well what is your offer?".I'm growing impatient each passing hour .
"I'm giving you an opportunity to join on my team and finish what your father started let the name of the torcelli history be written in mafia families books as the most strongest and courageous of all time that even their future kids will know about it."

"I have no idea what the hell you are muttering under that thick smog,please stop puffing out that air and talk without the visual effects that you are trying to build, this ain't a music video or a movie where the villain is trying to get under the skin of the hero this James dean stunt of yours is hella irritating give it a break".
I stretch forth my hands and take the cigar outta of his fingers as I throw it into the nearby dustbin , while he sits there mouth wide open , releasing the remaining poisonous air out that have already burned his lungs to toast.

Well I'm a cigarette fan too but not when there is an intense situation to be handled while several people are around not everybody is a fan of inhaling this thing ,cause I saw Sandra and another lady seated two seats ahead looking disgusted and gasping for some fresh air.