《 28 》

{ Seonghwa's pov }

"I must be dreaming", I said loudly as Sooyoung and I were walking hand in hand back home. She giggled which made my heart flutter. She looked at me with a big warm smile and happiness filling her eyes.

"Seonghwa how many times do I have to tell you I like you and I'm not joking around. I would never joke around with anyone's feelings", she reassured for what seems like the 100th time. What can I say, what would you do if your crush suddenly comes up to you, kisses you and say they like you?

"I know but...this feels unreal to me"

"And why is that?", she questioned while lifting one eyebrow up, which I found cute in my opinion. "I liked you for years and you suddenly came up to me, kissed me, and said you liked me. How else am I supposed to react", she quickly gave me a peck on the lips before holding my hand tighter, almost like she didn't want to let go of me.

"You do have a good point there", we hurried and walked home since we have tons of homework. Once we got in our neighborhood I walked Sooyoung to her doorstep and looked at her. "So...what are we now?", I asked her. She kept quiet for a bit before looking at me and smiling.

"Well depends what you want us to be. Do you want to continue being best friends or more then friends", somehow I felt embarrassed by this. I could feel my face getting hotter. "S-So will you be m-my girlfriend?", I asked while slowly looking up at Sooyoung. Her eyes sparkled almost like a little girl who just gotten a puppy for her birthday.

"Yes Seonghwa I'd love to be your girlfriend", with that she quickly gave me a warm hug and kissed my check before going inside, telling me she'll text me later. I was left there, smiling like some sort of dork and ran to my house while almost tripping over a crack on the sidewalk. I opened the door and closed it (more like slammed it) and jumped up and down like a little kid.

"Seonghwa what's with all the commotion you're causing!", my mother yelled as she saw her son who's practically an adult, jumping like a little kid. I ran to her and hugged her.

"Mom I did it!", I said to her. Once I let go of her she looked at me confused. "Did what sweetheart?", I looked at her before smiling like a dork once again.

"Sooyoung, I made her like me. Mom we're dating now!", as my mother heard this her eyes became so big. Literally so big. Like the size of a golfball or something.

"You did?! I'm so happy for you baby", she squeezed my cheeks before giving me a kiss on my forehead. "See I told you that you can do it. Remember this Seonghwa, your mother is always right", we both laughed before she made me sit down and tell her how everything went down. Of course I didn't tell her everything from beginning to finish but I told her to maim parts, and of course Sooyoung's cute confession to me.

"I'm so proud of you baby, now enough celebrating help your mother cook so I can feed your face", I laughed and got up and followed my mother into the kitchen. She grabbed an apron and put it on me then told me to begin boiling the pasta as she makes the sauce.

While we were cooking me and my mother both played music from our little speaker and singed together. I haven't heard my mother song in so long. Almost in years! Last time she sang (at least what I could remember) was when I was crying after my fathers funeral. Usually her and my father would sing together. We always had a thing called karaoke night every friday night and all sing as a family. Sometimes we do duets, trios or go solo.

My favorite memory I had of my father was me and him had a guys night. My mother was out with some old friends of hers so me and my father didn't waste any time and spent it together. We watched movies together, did a little karaoke, he even started teaching me how to drive a bit (since I was around 15 or 16 at the time), and of course he talked to me about girls and relationships and future plans. Like what I should do in the future. I said I was aiming to hopefully be an engineer but he said I should be an idol. Crazy right?