Chapter 9

Woot! Woot! 500 reads! How? When? What? Thank y'all a million lusters For reading this story, i honestly only thought it would get 20 reads max. So this is crazy!

*Reaches through screen to hug y'all*

Well I better get onto the chappie! Thank y'all again! 

Not reread or edited. 

Sophie sat at the kitchen island, stirring her cereal into muddy brown mush. When Edaline came running down the stairs, looking really excited.

 "Sophie! Brant proposed!" Edaline practically yelled, no did yell.

 "What? Seriously?" She stood up and went to give her mum an excited hug, after... everything an exciting event like this was exactly what Sophie needed. Brant was Jolie's boyfriend, Jolie was her adopted big sister, she loved Jolie and was super excited for her, she was getting married after all.

 "Yes seriously!" Edaline exclaimed, pulling hers arms back to her sides and taking her phone out. "We're going to need a cake, oh and flowers tons of flowers! Swans are a must they are Jolie's favourite after all." She muttered to herself. Sophie knew what Edaline was like when planning a... well anything, it was best to leave her alone and let her do her thing. She heard the bus pull up outside, and quickly grabbed her backpack, saying goodbye to Edaline as she left, who most likely didn't even hear her, and ran outside and onto the bus. 

She scanned all the seats, finally spotting her friends and rushed over, ready to tell them the good news. 

"Hey guys!" She shouted as she made her way over, lots of heads turned their way, but for once Sophie didn't care. Her friends looked shocked, probably because she was never this loud in the morning, or at all really. 

"Hey!" Biana shouted back, once she got over her shock. Sophie sat down next to her. All of her friends looked uncomfortable and nervous, oh no what happened?

 "Guys, whats wrong?" She asked, getting nervous herself.

 "Nothing!" They all shouted at the same time. Now she knew there was definitely something up. 

"Guys." She warned, firmly. Biana sighed. 

"Ok, ok, fine. We'll spill. Keefe has a date tonight and we didn't want to tell you cause we know you like him but he's going on a date so i don't know, sorry!" Biana said speedy Gonzales style, 

"What? Why would I care if Keefe has a date? And it's only one date it not like she's his girlfriend, and how do you even know that Keefe has a date? plus I DONT LIKE KEEFE!" Sophie rambled, Tam and the rest of the gang rolled their eyes and Biana did her trademark, "Immhmm." Anyway she had more exciting news to share. She was about to spill her news when Biana answered one of her questions.

 "Gossip goes around fast, plus we're friends with Marrella." She shrugged, that made sense. 

 "Whatever, I have more exciting news anyway." She said pushing everything Keefe to the back of her mind, not wanting to worry about it right now, not that there was anything to worry about. All her friends leaned towards her, intrigued as to what exciting news she had in store. 

"Jolie's getting married!" She practically shouted. Biana started jumping up and down and squealing, 

"finally, took him long enough! I'm so happy for her!" She said, mid squeal. Dex and Fitz gave their congrats too, and Tam and Linh just looked confused.

 "Who's Jolie?" Linh asked carefully.

 "She's my... sister, and her boyfriend, brant finally proposed... yesterday I think."She wasn't quite sure if it was yesterday, but it probably was. Linh let out an excited squeal as well, 

"WOW! That's soo exciting! Congrats!" Linh said after her squeal.

 "Yeah, congrats." Tam added, Wow that was the most enthusiastic Sophie had ever heard Tam be before, even though his "congrats"  wasn't even that enthusiastic. 

"Thanks. We got the news this morning, Edaline's already started planning the wedding, apparently there will be swans...!" Sophie said, hesitant on the swans. Wasn't that a bit over the top? She hoped Edaline wasn't going to be like this for her wedding, she just wanted something simple. Wait, why was she thinking about her wedding? 

"Ok?" Fitz said, obviously confused as to why someone would want swans at their wedding. And she had to agree, and if she knew Jolie her wedding would be beautiful. The bus pulled up to the curb outside Foxfire, they stood up and joined the rest of the kids getting off the bus and hurried to their first classes.

                             §<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§

Mrs. Malsha, her art teacher welcomed her and her classmates into class. Sophie liked Mrs. Malsha, she was kind and free spirited. 

"Welcome to Art! My lovelies. Take a seat, take a seat. I hope you all have started on your self portraits, I just know once you all finish they will be spectacular!" She said warmly, with a bright smile that complimented her grass green eyes perfectly as all the students walked into the classroom. 

Sophie frowned and sat at a desk in the far back, after Biana arrived on Saturday she had completely forgotten about her self portrait and had barely started it. According to her schedule she had a free period after lunch, maybe she could work on it in the library. She hoped the lost time wouldn't make too much of an impact on her portrait, she didn't expect it to be good in the first place anyway. She had always loved doing art... she just wasn't very good at it. 

For the rest of art class Mrs. Malsha taught them different techniques for different parts of the face, and tips for hair, such as; always start the hair above the top of the head, so it will look life-like and voluminous. And to always start with a lighter base so you can add darker colours on top. Sophie hoped that this class had improved her drawing skills because she was going to need it.  

Yay! Sorry this is late. But it's here now, so yay! Hope you enjoyed.

By my BookButterflies!