Chapter 13

Not reread or edited. Do I even need to put this here by now?

Keefe had meant what he said when he said that he would see her at four, she was lying on the couch trying to figure out how to get to keefe's house when she heard a loud honk. That's weird Keefe didn't have his license, did he? She stood up and walked to the window, slowly pulling the blinds to the side, and sure enough there was a limo outside her house. She gasped, a limo? Why did he even have a limo? She grabbed her backpack and ran outside, a buff lady with pink tipped pigtails and a business suit on, walked around the car and to the door in front of her, sliding it open. 

"Hey, Blondie. Better get in or imma drive away without you." She stated sassily. Sophie scrambled to get inside the limo, hoping that Keefe was inside and she wasn't getting kidnapped.

 "Foster! Take a seatsies!" Keefe said patting the seat next to him. She pointedly sat at the other side of the limo.

 "You guys buckled? Do limos even have buckles!?"the driver lady yelled to them from the drivers seat. 

"No ma'am they do not!" Keefe yelled back, saluting. 

"Oki doki! Let's get out of here then! oh and Blondie, FYI the names Ro." She said just before putting the pedal to the medal, you'd think she was a professional race car driver! Sophie shrieked, making Keefe laugh. 

"Don't worry you'll get used to it."  He said calmly, as if they were taking a stroll in a meadow. She raised an eyebrow, what was that supposed to mean? Did he think she would be riding in his limo frequently?  He blushed. "We are lab partners after all!" He said quickly. Yeah I guess that was a good enough excuse. 

They arrived at a large black metal gate, with dragon and fire designs made out of the metal. The gate opened, and the limo drove forward. The driveway was one of those round ones with a circle of greenery in the center, except the center wasn't greenery it was a rock statue of... keefe's dad. Well that's creepy. Keefe must have seen her face because he said, "yeah, my dads super full of himself, so prepare for lots of monuments of creepiness." He said making a vampire voice as he said the last part.

 "Well at least I know where you get your ego from." Sophie said, grinning. Keefe frowned and turned his head away from her.

 "Well we're here! Destination Monument Mansion." Keefe said, suddenly jumping up, almost hitting his head on the roof. Sophie rolled her eyes and stood up as well, opening the door and jumping out. Woah, his house was huge, and funnily enough it did look creepy just like Keefe had said. The walls were mostly black with some red and white mixed in, and random dishes of flames. The door was ginormous, it looked like those doors in kids tv shows that had chains and when it opened it became a bridge. She really regretted picking his house now, she didn't want to step one foot in that house of horror. He laughed, "trust me the feeling is mutual." She turned toward him, he had somehow managed to end up standing next to her without her noticing. 

"But, you live here." She stated. 

"Yeah I know." He responded, glumly. "Come on! Aren't you curious if my dad secretly keeps bats or is a vampire?"

 "No, not really." she said, making up her mind. 

"Oh, come on don't be a scardy cat!" He whined, walking backwards toward the giant castle door. Well she didn't want to stay out here all alone either...

 "fine." She said, reluctantly. And followed him.

 "Thats my girl!" He yelled, and turned around. He was just teasing, wasn't he? Yeah he was, he does have a girlfriend after all. The door opened, revealing a serious, blonde man with dead cold ice blue eyes.

 "What took you so lon... and who is this?" Cassius asked Keefe, motioning to Sophie. Why did he have to be home? She would rather see grady's death glares toward Keefe than talk to Cassius Sencen. 

"She's my lab partner for chemistry. I told you we were studying here after school today." Keefe said flatly. 

"Very well." Cassius walked away. Sophie hoped never to see him ever again. Keefe walked inside and waved her in.

 "Lets go." She hesitantly stepped inside, half expecting arrows to come out of the wall and fly at her head. When she didn't get impaled by arrows she let out a breathe that she didn't know she had been holding. "Follow me, I have the best place!" Oh no, where is he taking me? 

She followed him through all the twists and turns and flights of stairs, some going up, some going down. Until they reached... another creepy statue of his dad. "Watch this!" Keefe lifted his hand to the book Cassius the Statue was holding, and lifted it up, but not taking it off the statue, which it was still connected to. One of the bookcases which were on either side of the statue swung open, missing Sophie's body by inches. She screamed. What in the world? Why on earth did Keefe have a secret door? He walked inside, her following suit. There were two big comfy blue sofas, a deep red rug and white shelves lined the walls. Surprisingly it wasn't books that lined the walls. Well it was Keefe so I guess it wasn't that surprising. Candy lined the walls, jars of candy, packets of candy. And these little white boxes that said Prattles'. "I thought if we're studying we would need some snacks, perfect right?" 

"Yeah, if you want to gain five hundred pounds." She whispered, still mesmerised by all the candy. Keefe ran and jumped, landing on his back on one of the couches. Sophie snagged a box of Prattles', curious as to what they were, she had never seen them before, and sat on the couch opposite to Keefe, laying her back back on the floor. "What are these?" She asked him. 

"Prattles' they come with a pin, some are super rare! Oh and the candies good too." He responded, digging into his own box of Prattles'. Seconds later she heard a scream and looked up, just as she was about to open the tiny drawstring bag her pin would be in. 

"What is it?" She asked, he was dancing like a monkey that just ate a pool of sprinkles. 

"I GOT THE GULON! THEY ONLY MAKE A THOUSAND OF THESE!" He shouted, still dancing. Sophie had no idea what a gulon was but if it made him happy then it was probably cool. Sophie opened her bag, and inside there was this creature that sort of looked like a peacock and a swan combined. She turned it over to look at the bottom. It read; "MoonLark, 21/54" Hmm, she also didn't know what a MoonLark was but it looked to be super rare.

 "Hey, what's a MoonLark?" She asked Keefe, he stopped his victory dance and just stood there with his mouth open.

 "What do you mean 'What is a MoonLark?' If you don't know then why do you know the name?" He asked, then he found her hand and just stared at it. He suddenly lurched forward, snatching the MoonLark pin and turning it over, staring at it. Sophie leaped at him, trying to get back her pin. "TWENTY-ONE OUT OF FIFTY-FOUR! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" He yelled as she pinned him to the floor. 

"Give it back!" She yelled in his ear. 

"NOO, it shall be mine!" Keefe yelled back, he suddenly jumped up, throwing Sophie off of him. She suddenly had an idea.

 "Ow! My head!" She yelled grasping her head. He rushed over, dropping the pin.

 "I'm so sorry Sophie, do you need ice?" He asked putting his hand over hers, on her forehead. She felt his breathe on her cheeks, making her realise how close they were. 

"No." She mumbled, jolting to side and running towards the pin. She picked it up and zipped it in her backpack. "VICTORY IS MINE!" 

"Hey that's not nice." He pouted, crossing his arms and sitting back on the couch. She laughed and unzipped her backpack, handing him the pin. 

"Here, you can have it. You seem way more into these than I am." He shook his head and pushed her hand back towards her. 

"No, you have to start your collection." He smiled. "Plus, you have to have at least one rare pin in your collection." She snorted, now she was definitely keeping it. She plopped the pin back in her bag and took out her chemistry book. 

"Ok, so Copper..." 

Ok, so that's a horrible ending. But you know what idc it's 1504 words, that is good Enough. Right? Well it better be!

By my BookButterflies!