Chapter 18

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 1k reads! What! Thank you thank you thank you! I love y'all sooooo much, thank you for supporting this book. I appreciate it soo much, I can't even express it! An eighty mile piece of mallowmelt wouldn't even be enough. And sadly this book is nearing its end. But it has been sooooo very much fun writing this and reading and replying  to your comments. Hope you enjoy this chappie! 

Not reread or edited.

The next day Sophie had actually caught the bus before it left her house, And boy was she happy about that. Luckily she hadn't had any encounters with Barbra or her posse, yet. But she knew they would be at lunch, so she was going to make sure not to be anywhere near a doorway or wall when she passes her. 

Her shoulder still hurt slightly but it was healing good, except for the narly bruise the impact had made. And thanks to Elwin she wasn't allowed to put any weight on it, so she was stuck with the horrible Backpack on One Shoulder look. Which she was certain would be bruising her other shoulder by the time she was allowed to wear it on both her shoulders again. 

The bell had just rung and Sophie was walking to Math class. She heard a crackly noise that sounded like a zipper. Probably just some other student zipping up their backpack, she thought, shrugging. But she stopped when a loud Thump sounded behind her and her backpack suddenly felt lighter. Great. Of course her books just had to fall out, didn't they. She must not have fully zipped her backpack after Art. Sighing, she turned around and kneeled on the ground as she picked up the books that had fallen out of her bag. She winced as she took her backpack off her right shoulder with her injured arm. 

When she looked back at the floor it was clean, well not clean but her books weren't there anymore. She looked up to see Keefe holding her books cheekily. She groaned and stood up, what was it going to take to get her books back from him? But surprisingly he grabbed her backpack out of her hands, stuffing the books inside and slung it over his shoulder. She noticed he kept a sheet of paper, he pulled it from in between is arm and looked at it.

 "Hey this turned out pretty good. It doesn't look like The Wicked Witch of the West anymore!" Keefe said showing her the portrait she did of herself. She had totally forgotten about that, she handed it in over a month ago. She sighed. "Yeah, thanks to you." She spoke softly, not looking at him. For some reason she was nervous. He was an amazing artist, she probably looked like a kindergartener compared to him. 

She was so nervous that she lifted her right hand and tugged on her eyelashes, looking for a loose one. She had been trying to break this nervous habit for ages and had been successful for a while until today. 

"Ehh, it still would have looked beautiful either way." Keefe stated, carefully sliding the paper into her backpack. Sophie lowered her hand and looked at Keefe. 

"You really think so?" 

"Yeah. I do." Keefe responded softly, before turning his head away. He cleared his throat and asked, "so how's your shoulder?" 

"It's fine. I just can't put any weight on it." Sophie responded. 

"I'm sorry, some people can be really horrible." Keefe said emphasising, the some, like he knew who shoved Sophie into the doorway. But he couldn't right? No, tons of kids went to Foxfire High. There was no possible way he knew that Barbra did it. 

"Yeah." Sophie replied shortly. 

"So, what class we goin' to?" Keefe asked, going back to his regular self. And walking down the hallway.

"We aren't going anywhere. I am going to honours Math." Sophie said, staying in place. 

"Well your gonna be late!" He yelled as he ran down the hallway. Ugh, why did he have to do this whenever they were in a hallway together? She reluctantly followed him down the hallway, the only problem was that he had already turned the corner and it was a two way cross. She ran down the left side, hoping he had too. 

She stopped when she heard a very familiar voice call from behind her. "Looking for anyone in particular? Maybe a handsome awesome man with the best hair in the universe?" She blushed, but also laughed. Keefe? A man? Man, that was funny. 

Still laughing, she turned around and came face to face with a smirking Keefe. He was a lot closer than she had first thought.

 "No actually, i was looking for a backpack stealing boy with a huge ego." Sophie replied, not moving. For some reason she didn't actually mind being this close to Keefe. 

"First of all, I am a man. Second of all, I didn't steal your backpack, I am simply carrying it for you because of your hurt shoulder." Keefe spoke with a soft tone but still wittily, somehow. 

Sophie decided to try out Biana's signature response, "Immhmm." Keefe stepped forward, with the tiniest of steps. Now his face was so close she could feel his breathe on her cheek, which smelled like roasted marshmallows. She also noticed the faintest of freckles that spotted his nose and cheeks. 

Then Sophie remembered, Keefe has a girlfriend. But it wasn't like that anyway so what was the problem? She looked away anyways. And cleared her throat.

 "I have to get to Math." She walked around Keefe and started down the hallway. 

"Have fun Foster!" Keefe yelled after her, sarcastically. Although his voice sounded strained. 

§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§

Sophie walked into the cafeteria, luckily not "passing" Barbra this time. She took a tray and walked into the line, someone joined behind her. For some reason she was curious so she looked back at them to see who it was. 

It was Barbra. 

But when Sophie looked at her she didn't give her the stink eye or smack her tray out of her hand. Actually she looked like she was trying to avoid even looking at Sophie. That was odd. what happened to change her attitude? Sophie had no idea but she definitely was not complaining. 

She turned back around, half expecting to feel a glop of mashed potatoes thrown at the back of her head. But when nothing happened she shrugged and went down the line as usual. When she collected all the food items she wouldn't mind too much about eating, she walked to her usual table. All of her friends had arrived before her. Biana scooted over to fit Sophie in between her and Fitz. "How's your shoulder?" Biana, Linh, Dex, Fitz and Marrella asked at the same time. 

"Fine, just can't put weight on it." Sophie stated. She was getting sick of answering that question. But she smiled while she said it anyway, Barbra not being mean to her really lifted a weight of her non-injured shoulder. The only question was why?

MWHAHA, I am soooo evil aren't I? Yeah, I am. Hope you enjoyed that chappie, hope you didn't break your device! Ya know if you threw it out of frustration!

Bye my BookButterflies!