Chapter 19

Bon appetite! Yeah I sooo spelled that wrong. Well anywho Enjoy!

Not reread or edited.

Mr. Coplan, Sophie's English teacher was writing their homework on the chalkboard, apparently it was a creative writing project where they had to take their favourite writing genre and write a short story in that genre. Sophie was excited for this assignment right up until he said it would be a project done in pairs. But what if he paired her with someone who liked a different genre?  Sophie usually was to shy to raise her hand because she didn't like the attention it gave her, but she was confused and needed to ask this question.

 She raised her hand in the air. "Yes Ms. Foster?" Mr. Coplan asked as he noticed her raised hand. 

"What if our partner doesn't like the same genre as us?" She asked quietly.

 "Actually I was just about to explain this, I would like you and your partner to combine your favourite Genres together. If you like the same genre thats great! Just write in that category." Mr. Coplan answered. She nodded and hoped he didn't pair her with Barbra who was annoyingly in her English class. 

Mr. Coplan began calling out names for the pairs. When he got to Sophie's name she reached for her eyelashes, once she started the habit again she couldn't break it. 

"Sophie Foster and Barbra Webber."

 And... she got Barbra that's great just great. I mean of course she did right. She swore that the teachers at this school were out to get her. Barbra was at the other end of the room but Sophie could still hear her groan and practically felt her eye roll from the back row. The bell rung, activating the High School Student Stampede. 

Sophie zipped all her English necessities into her backpack and stood up throwing her bag over her shoulders. Her shoulder had healed from when Barbra shoved her into that doorway, her left shoulder still had a slightly yellowish bruise but it didn't hurt anymore when she added pressure. 

Sophie tried to push their difficult past behind her as she walked over to Barbra. "Hey Barbra, do you want to work on the assignment after school today?" She asked her as she approached. 

"Yeah, I guess. But my family is having a party to celebrate their company's anniversary or whatever so can we do your place?" Barbra asked sounding bored. 

"Sure, see you at three." Sophie responded and walked through the door. Sophie wondered how on earth her and Barbra could ever agree on anything, let alone write a whole short story.

§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§<>§

Sophie walked up to the bus but then remembered that Barbra was coming over, she should probably wait for her. She stopped next to the door and searched the dozens of kids, hoping to spot Barbra in the huge crowd. 

She finally spotted her walking over to the bus that Sophie was  positioned in front of. Barbra climbed the steps of the bus without saying a word to Sophie, and she reluctantly followed. Barbra sat down in an empty seat and put her backpack on the seat next to her. Sophie rolled her eyes and took the empty seat behind her, happy to not sit next to Barbra. 

The bus slowed to a stop outside Sophie's house. Sophie stood up and walked toward the door, hoping Barbra would get the memo. Luckily she did and followed her. She really hoped she had put her keys in her bag this time, she didn't really want Barbra knowing where the extra key was. Luckily she had slipped her keys into one of her backpacks side pockets. She pushed the key in and turned it, opening the door in the process.

 "Come on in." Sophie said, trying to be friendly. Barbra followed Sophie inside. 

"Where should we work?" Barbra asked Sophie once she was fully inside.

 "Uh, the living room?" 

"Ok." Sophie began walking to the living room with Barbra following suit. Sophie's living room was mainly white but it had lots of pops of colour, the rug was a splendid combination of orange yellow and pink swirled together and all the art on the walls made the space feel airy and light. Sophie placed her backpack down next to the comfy white couch, Barbra did the same. They both sat down. 

"Ok, what's your favourite genre?" Sophie asked as she pulled her laptop out of her bag. 

"Romance." Barbra answered without hesitation. Sophie nodded.

 "Well, what's yours?"Barbra asked her when she didn't say anything. But honestly Sophie didn't know what her favourite genre was. She loved so many how could she choose? 

"Umm, magical adventure?" 

"Is that even a genre?" 

"Maybe, it is. Maybe it isn't. The important thing is that is my favourite genre so we somehow have to make a magical romance adventure short story." Sophie said, she was honestly surprised that Barbra even had a favourite genre. She didn't seem like the bookworm type. "Ok what should our main characters name be?" Sophie asked. Barbra looked to be thinking about possible names for a minute. Until her face lit up. 

"What about Seeth Mencen?!" Barbra shouted excitedly.  

"Seeth Mencen?" Sophie asked. Really? Was she joking?

"Yup!"

 "Isn't that... a little close to... a real person?" 

"What'd you mean?"

"Um well... you know."

 "No i don't." 

"Yeah you do, Seeth Mencen, Keefe Sencen?" Sophie said quietly, hoping not to get yelled at for some reason.

 "Oh. I guess I hear it now." 

"Yeah..." 

"Well lets do a different name then what have you got?" Ok Barbra being sorta nice to Sophie was nice and all, but something was up and she wanted to know what it was.

 "Barbra. Why the sudden change of aditude towards me?"

"I have no idea what your talking about." She responded clearly trying not to look at her. 

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about."

 "No i don't."

 "Ugh, why won't you just tell me?" 

"Because he told me to be nice to you! OK!" Sophie just sat there shell shocked and unmoving. Keefe did what? And when?... That must have been what he was doing when he left the infirmary. But how did he know it was Barbra? 

"What? Why would he do that?" 

"I don't know, don't ask me. He did so I obeyed there's nothing else to it." But Sophie felt like there was, she wouldn't just do what he said, would she? She would surely want someone out of it, but what? 

"Come on Barbra. What did you get him to do for you?" Barbra grinned, a mischievous grin. 

"Oh nothing. A little kiss isn't a big deal, right?" Sophie's jaw hardened. He couldn't have kissed Barbra. No she must be lying. 

"You can't just go around kissing people! Especially ones with girlfriends!" Sophie said, angrily anyway.

 "You know what, why should I care? Go kiss whoever you want. Just don't tell me about it. I think it's best you leave, we can work on the story tomorrow." Sophie ranted, motioning for Barbra to stand up and leave.

 "Fine, jealous much?" Barbra said as she exited the living room. When Sophie heard the door close she groaned. She wasn't jealous at all. Not even the slightest bit. And don't get her started on Keefe she couldn't believe him! He has a girlfriend, and there he went kissing Barbra of all people. The only question was he kissed Barbra so she would be nice to Sophie, why would he care about how she was treated?

BOOM! Are all your questions answered yet? Or do you still have a few? 

Bye my BookButterflies!