My history teacher

(no one asked for this but i'm feeling a little not good rn and this usually makes me feel better and who knows it might make you laugh)

Okay, I've been to a lot of schools, and one of my history teachers stands out the most to me. For privacy purposes, we'll call her Supreme Leader (you'll see why in a moment).

Supreme Leader was honestly one of the most entertaining teachers I've ever had. She made learning really engaging and got me to like history a lot more than I probably would've with a different teacher.

Here's my two favourite stories about Supreme Leader.

1. Restarting the Soviet Union

We came in on the day we were going to start learning about the Soviet Union and saw that Supreme Leader has put a whole bunch of papers on our tables, which were moved so we could sit in a group of four people. Supreme Leader told us that the tables were our factories and we had to produce paper cubes. We weren't allowed to keep any cubes to ourselves because when we were done making a paper cube, we were supposed to hand it in to Supreme Leader and she would distribute them equally among us at the end of class. They represented money and power.

What was our motivation? Well, if we slowed down, we were told to speed up or our test was going to be made more difficult (Supreme Leader was lying).

Partway through into class, Supreme Leader chose a few students to walk around and monitor us. If anyone was caught complaining about the work or trying to keep cubes, they'd be turned in to Supreme Leader, who would send them outside the classroom and wouldn't be seen until the end of class (they just had to read the chapters we were going to be assigned for homework). She also announced that we had an enemy– the other history classes. Supreme Leader said that we were the best class, but the others didn't believe it, so we needed to prove it to them by doing this. My classmates were super competitive, so that got everyone working real hard.

Twenty-ish minutes before class ended, Supreme Leader told us to stop and she distributed the cubes among us. The people who made the cubes got around thirty cubes. The people monitoring us had, maybe, thirty five. Supreme Leader got the rest. She then told the kids who she kicked out of class to come back inside and explained why she did what she did.

(She made us call her Supreme Leader throughout class, hence the nickname)

2. The Industrial Revolution

On the day we were gonna start learning about the Industrial Revolution, we found our desks lined up in two rows and our names on the board, separated into three groups. Supreme Leader told us to find our groups and when we did, we were going to sit down in the area with our group number– one, two, or three. I was put in group one.

Group one, we were told, was going to be manufacturing food. "Chicken strips," to be specific. Group two was going to be making non-edible essentials, or "clothes." Group three was going to be delivering supplies to the other two groups. For every five products we made/delivered, we'd get one tally on the board, which represented a US dollar. The group who had the most tallies would get a surprise at the end of class. We weren't allowed to stop until Supreme Leader told us to.

It was absolute chaos.

People were shouting orders and telling people to hurry up, people were running around the classroom, and there was paper everywhere.

In the second half of class, one of my classmates tripped and fell onto the papers we were turning into "chicken nuggets." Everyone was staring at him and Supreme Leader asked, "What's the hold up?"

"Supreme Leader, a worker fell into our meat vat," another one of my classmates informed.

"So? If he fell in, he fell in. You don't have time to worry about that. Plus, meat's meat. Use him."

The others were kinda startled by what Supreme Leader said, but my group just went along with it. We drew on him to make him into a chicken nugget and turned him in.

When we were told to stop, Supreme Leader announced that group two had won. What was their prize? Nothing much, actually. Just a pat on the back. Supreme Leader's reasoning was that they were just workers, not the factory owners. Group two was kinda angry, but then Supreme Leader explained why that was, and everyone was fine after that.

Okay, that's my history teacher. This probably didn't seem that funny, but trust me when I say it was. My friends and I would joke nonstop about Supreme Leader's lessons, especially these two.

Alright, that's all I've got for y'all today. I'll see you guys later! Bye!