un

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖚𝖓:
NOT A PRINCESS

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE ADAIR WAS anything but ordinary. She might have seemed like it, being a daughter of the harvest Goddess Demeter, having an unhealthy obsession with books, and having the same name as a Disney princess. Everyone knew she preferred not to fight with weapons and instead decided to defend herself by growing plants to trap monsters. However, the people who only saw her in that way obviously didn't dig deep enough into the person that was Belle Adair. Her mother was more fierce than people perceived, which made her fierce under some circumstances. She used books to escape from the horrors of the world. And though they were right about her not being a fighter, she could take out her sword and gladly slash down monsters who came in her way.

She sort of kept to herself. The only ones who really got her to come out of her shell were Katie Gardner — her half-sister — and Connor and Travis Stoll, sons of Hermes. The four of them were best friends. They stuck together at all costs — especially during monster attacks, which were becoming more and more frequent at Camp Half-Blood. Like the Aethiopian Drakon that came to Camp one morning, only to be struck down by Lee Fletcher and some of his siblings from the Apollo Cabin. Everyone knew Luke Castellan and his Titan army were planning to invade the Camp at some point.

That made Belle nervous. The anticipation hung over everyone like a storm cloud that was about to torrentially downpour. All they could do was sit back and wait until the army would potentially destroy their home. Belle couldn't live without Camp Half-Blood. She didn't have anywhere to return. Her dad and her . . . well, let's just say they didn't get along. At all. That's why Belle had to stand up. She wouldn't let them take her home away.

Percy Jackson, the Camp's resident hero, had also appeared for the summer. Belle didn't really pay him much attention. Sure, he may have retrieved Zeus' lightning bolt, got the Golden Fleece with Clarisse La Rue to heal Camp, and saved Annabeth Chase and the Goddess Artemis from the Titan Atlas, but he was the still same awkward Demigod that first came to Camp all those years ago. People saw him as some kind of God. He was definitely impressive, but Belle just thought he was a normal teenager. Well, as normal as a Demigod son of Poseidon could be.

Little did she know that Percy Jackson would definitely catch her attention fairly quickly. And it all began with them accidentally finding an entrance to the Labyrinth.

One night at dinner, their new sword master, Quintus, had all ordered them to suit up in combat armor. But it wasn't for capture the flag. Instead, the crates that were in the sword arena had magically disappeared, spilling whatever was in them into the woods.