cinq

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖖:AN INHUMANE RANCH

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖖:
AN INHUMANE RANCH

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE AWOKE THE next morning, somehow feeling more drained than she did the day before. She had gotten a good night's rest and had even gotten in some reading before she went to sleep. It must have been the Labyrinth that made her feel that way since she knew they were wandering through a crazy maze with literally nothing to guide them. She trusted Annabeth's intuition, but she felt as if the maze would never end.

Despite this, she hid her tiredness and ate a breakfast consisting of a granola bar and a juice box. After everyone had eaten, they continued to travel. When the stone tunnels changed to Earth with cedar beams, Annabeth became agitated.

"This isn't right," Annabeth said. "It should still be stone."

Belle fiddled with Sunflower's keychain that was hanging from her belt loops. She followed the blonde into a cave where stalacites hung low from the ceiling. On the dirt floor, there was a rectuangular pit in the middle of it. Belle stared at it warily. It looked suspiciously like a grave.

Grover shivered uncomfortably. "It smells like the Underworld in here."

A foil wrapper glinted at the edge of the pit. Percy shined his flashlight into the pit to reveal a half-chewed cheeseburger floating in it.

"Nico," Percy announced. "He was summoning the dead again."

Belle's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, he was what? He can't do that unless . . . unless—"

"He's a son of Hades," Percy answered.

She stared at him in shock while Percy looked calm as ever.

"Oh," she replied in a small voice. "All right."

Tyson let out a whimper. "Ghosts were here. I don't like ghosts."

"We've got to find him," Percy stated.

He suddenly grabbed Belle's hand and began pulling her behind her as he ran.

"Why do you always have to drag me around?" Belle complained, though she couldn't deny she kind of enjoyed it.

"Percy!" Annabeth protested.