quatre

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:MONSTERS AND JAILBREAKS

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:
MONSTERS AND JAILBREAKS

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE THOUGHT IT was pathetic how much she was letting Hera get to her head. She had already decided that she wasn't going to listen to the queen of the Gods and adamantly refused her princess makeover. However, Hera's words kept seeping back into her mind: I know a princess when I see one. You're not a warrior. Find your Prince Charming and settle down. All of her comments made Belle itch with anger.

She couldn't dwell on it. The left tunnel was completely straight with no other exits, twists, or turns, but it turned out to be a dead end. They sprinted maybe a hundred yard when an enormous boulder completely blocked their path. The sound of dragging footsteps and heavy breathing was getting closer. Something that was definitely not human was following them.

"Tyson," Percy began. "Can you—"

"Yes!" the Cyclops replied.

Tyson rammed his shoulder against the rock. The impact was so hard that the whole tunnel shook and dust trickled down from the stone ceiling.

"Hurry!" Grover urged. "Don't bring the roof down, but hurry!"

With a horrible grinding noise, the boulder gave in. Tyson pushed it into a small room and they all immediately ran behind it.

"Close the entrance!" Annabeth exclaimed.

All of them got on one side of the boulder and pushed. When they sealed the corridor, whatever was chasing them wailed in frustration. Belle let out a breath and wiped the sweat from her brow.

"We trapped it," Percy announced.

"Or trapped ourselves," Grover countered.

Belle turned around. They were standing in a square room about twenty feet wide. On the wall opposite to them, metal bars trapped them inside the room.

She blinked. "So we've imprisoned ourselves. That's fun."

"What in Hades?" Annabeth asked.

She tugged on the bars, but they didn't budge. Belle looked around them to see rows of cells in a ring around a dark courtyard. There was at least three stories of metal doors and catwalks.