quatorze

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖟𝖊:THE CHILD OF ATHENA'SFINAL STAND

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖟𝖊:
THE CHILD OF ATHENA'S
FINAL STAND

★ 。/|\。★

RETURNING TO CAMP should've been a happy occasion for Belle. She imaged reuniting with Katie, Connor, and Travis and maybe sharing a cup of hot chocolate with them by the beach. However, all she was met with was Chiron, a fat Satyr from the Council whose name was Silenus, and some archers from the Apollo Cabin. Belle, Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, and Nico all landed in the middle of the Cabin area and slid off their respective Pegasi.

Chiron raised his eyebrow once he saw Nico. However, he wasn't surprised by the rest of the things Percy told him about — which was how Quintus was actually Daedalus and that Kronos was now fully risen.

"I feared as much," Chiron replied. "We must hurry. Hopefully you have slowed down the Titan Lord, but his vanguard will still be coming through. They will be anxious for blood. Most of our defenders are already in place. Come!"

"Wait a moment," Silenus interrupted. "What of the search for Pan? You are almost three weeks overdue, Grover Underwood! Your searcher's licence is revoked!"

Grover took a deep breath, standing up straight and looking Silenus in the eye. "Searchers' licences don't matter any more. The great God Pan is dead. He has passed on and left us his spirit."

Silenus' face turned as red as Apollo's cows back on Geryon's ranch. "What? Sacrilege and lies! Grover Underwood, I will have you exiled for speaking thus!"

"It's true," Percy argued. "We were there when he died. All of us."

"Impossible! You are all liars! Nature destroyers!"

Chiron studied Grover's face. "We will speak of this later."

"We will speak of it now!" Silenus demanded. "We must deal with this—"

"Silenus, my Camp is under attack. The matter of Pan has waited two thousand years. I fear it will have to wait a bit longer. Assuming we are still here this evening."

With that happy thought, Chiron readied his bow and galloped towards the woods. The group of six had no choice but to follow him.

Belle had never seen such a big military operation at Camp. Everyone stood at the clearing while clad in full battle armor. However, instead of for capture the flag, it was for an actual, full-fledged battle. The Hephaestus Cabin had set up razor wire, pits with pots of Greek fire, and rows of sharpened sticks by the entrance to the Labyrinth, the same one Belle and Percy fell in what seemed like a million years ago. Charles Beckendorf was manning two huge catapults that were aimed at Zeus' Fist. Clarisse was calling orders to the Ares Cabin, which was standing at the front line in phalanx formation. Both the Apollo and Hermes Cabin were scattered across the woods with their bows ready, some of them opting to take positions in the trees. The Dryads were armed with bows and the Satyrs had wooden cudgels and tree-bark shields.