deux

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖚𝖝:HER FIRST QUEST

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖚𝖝:
HER FIRST QUEST

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE DIDN'T KNOW what to think. Chiron insisted that they would talk about it in the morning, but Belle had laid awake all night and stared at the ceiling. She didn't even want to read. That's how clouded her mind was. The Labyrinth's existence always lived in the back of her head. She always knew it was there, but she never thought she would actually go in it, nevertheless find an entrance to it at Camp Half-Blood with Percy Jackson. Belle wondered how he was feeling about all of this. He had acted so casual when he tried to calm her down in the Labyrinth, but was he freaking out, too?

The next morning, the war council convened in the sword arena instead of the Big House's rec room. It was a little strange trying to discuss the fate of Camp while Quintus' pet Hellhound, Mrs. O'Leary, chewed on a squeaky pink rubber toy. Chiron and Quintus stood in the front by the weapon racks while everyone else gathered around. Clarisse and Annabeth sat next to each other, the two of them leading the briefing. Tyson the Cyclops and Grover Underwood sat as far away from each other as they possibly could. Juniper the tree Nymph, Silena Beauregard, Travis and Connor Stoll, Charles Beckendorf, Lee Fletcher, and Argus (the hundred-eyed security guard — he never really showed up unless something major was happening) were also there. Belle sat in between Travis and Percy, fiddling with Sunflower's keychain as she listened to Annabeth speak. Her copy of The Giver sat in her lap and she occasionally flipped the pages through her fingers for comfort.

"Luke must have known about the Labyrinth entrance," Annabeth began. "He knew everything about Camp."

Belle detected a little pride in her voice. She understood that Luke and Annabeth had a past, but he had betrayed her so many times. Belle didn't understand why she still respected him.

Juniper cleared her throat. "That's what I was trying to tell Belle and Percy last night. The cave entrance has been there a long time. Luke used to use it."

Silena frowned at the Nymph. "You knew about the Labyrinth entrance, and you didn't say anything?"

Juniper's face turned a darker shade of green. "I didn't know it was important. Just a cave. I don't like yucky old caves."

"She has good taste," Grover approved.

Juniper blushed a little greener. "I wouldn't have paid any attention except . . . well, it was Luke."