Chapter 5

After a few moments Vinny started to break down, we had to shut and lock the door.
"Vinny shush!"
"Mila don't be mean, Vinny I know you're upset but we are in an echoey bathroom."
"Right, right sorry." He puts his glasses back on and straightens his hat, "Ok, I'm alright."
"Cmon we have to go-"
"Wait"
"Vinny come ON"
"After they die hold your breath."
"But why-"
"Mila, just do it!" The look he gave me was so full of anger, sadness, and despair that he managed to shut me up for a while of five seconds.
"Ok, but we do have to go!"
"Right sorry, cmon!"
We manage to get back to the room, but we get separated while walking to the theatre. The crowds are full of the few types of people in our town:
-Suck ups
-People who play by the rules but really hate them
-And rule breakers (us)
We pass by Nikolai yelling at people for not having a straight face, he is one of the suck ups if you couldn't tell.
I hate my life, my town, I like my friends, but soon I'll have none left.
We sit in our seats, and voice says, "These two little girls were caught committing friendship! After curfew too! As if what they were doing wasn't already enough! For their crimes they will be sentenced to a death by nature, the poor thing hasn't had a meal in weeks! Months! But don't worry, it's getting its meal."
The large screen turned on and showed Melodie and Kiryomi together in a forest, or what used to be a forest. The ground was dirt, dead grass, dead bushes, weeds, large hollow dead trees, covered in vines.
"Wake up nature." Calls the voice, the vines twist.
"Wake up, wake up, wake up." The tree roots poke up out of the ground.
"Wake up, feeding time." The voices laughter makes the grass shakes, the bushes rumble, the ground cracks open.

Feeding time.