Chapter Four

I woke up at 6:10 am after all Monday is a school day. I put "Rolling In The Deep"-Adele in my headphones. I search inside my wardrobe for clothing. I end up wearing a long sleeve light blue oversized shirt, jeans and all stars. I go down stairs grab an apple and meet Richie at the sidewalk.

Richie is the usual weirdo of down the street, redheaded with freckles and macaroni arms. I think he was the first person in the world to tell me he was my friend. Since then, we would walk to school together everyday for 4 years now. He's like a bother to me, and his family is my family, since his father and my mother would be just like us when they were our age.

About eight months ago he came to me with this idea, that later would become a plan for him to make Pauline his girlfriend. In the moment I met him he said "I have a secret, I like Pauline" I didn't knew who Pauline was so he created this impression of everything she is, and complained about how Pauline was out of his league. She really is. But she only joined the little league because of him. Next week they'll complete 7 months of dating.

"Hey" he said carefully "What happened last night? I saw you with him at you door and you seemed fine and suddenly I hear banging..."

"It's fine Richie" I lied

"Soup, with all due respect, you are never fine."

"Valid point" I say with a soft smile

"See I know my lil' sis"

"fuck you!" I laughed a bit "We broke up" I say with almost voiceless

"What? Seriously? But you guys are-" I cut him off

"We were. Were." I say correcting him

"...the perfect couple" he goes on

"C'mon Richie we both know it wasn't that good for a while" I try to explain myself

"Okay but you wouldn't break up with him out of the blue"

"Let's just say Eponine was closer to him than we thought" I said calmly looking to the end of the street

"Oh..."

The path to school was silent until we arrived. We saw Pauline, she gives me a sympathetic smile and hugs Richie.

"You okay girl?" Pauline says trying to be nice

"Yeah" I say adjusting my curly hair

"Sorry for my sister, if I knew what was going on I'd have intervened..."

"It's cool Lin, it's not her fault. It's his."

"Oh Soup there's something you need to know... They recorded it, the fight. And it's all over twitter" Pauline says

SHIT

"How much of it?" I say tired

"The first thing in the video is you saying 'No, go home' end the end of it is when I show up" Richie says

Well fuck. Isn't this such a pleasant situation?