Chapter Forty-Two

Sophia's POV

Today, to celebrate the weekend, we are going to the beach. Me and the whole Little League, Mary, Pauline, Richie, Sully and our newest addition, Poet.

My outfit is a red wine skirt and no shirt, because I'm wearing a black swimsuit. It has a pretty cleavage in the back and a cut in each side on waist line, making it look like a bikini, but still connected in the front and back. I'm looking fresh as fuck.

We arrived at the beach around noon, we were planning yo stay there until 9 pm. Sully won't be joining us today, he is sick. I know it's bullshit, because Sully has the most killer immune system ever, so he just stood us up.

Mary was wearing an orange swimsuit, it had little cleavage and yellow stripes all over it. Richie and Jemmy were just wearing beach shorts, Richie's was dark blue, and Poet's was black.

Pauline was beautiful, simply beautiful. Her white bikini had a triangle top and a side tie bottom. Her hair had a casual but well-done braid. Lin looks like she's shining with the sun kissing her skin.

The five of us were walking through the beach, looking for a place to put our things. Richie had a music box playing 'Little League -Conan Gray', I love that song.

"Star?" Jemmy said. He was little behind us because he had stooped walking at some point.

"What darlin'?" I asked stepping closer to him

"What did you do about the whole Marlin?" He whispered carefully. Marlin is what we named the ship of Lin and Mars.

"I talked to Pauline. Everything will be fine" I said with a warm smile "Now let's have fun" I grabbed his hand and lead him towards the rest of us

I took of my skirt and placed next to everyone's clothes, and took a sip of soda that Pauline bought. Jemmy and Richie were bonding over cheese sticks, Pauline and Mars were starting to get used to the water's temperature. For a moment there I thought every little thing in everyone's life was fine. I kept that felling, just for today.

"C'mon Soup!" Mars screamed from the sea

"Okay!" I said running towards them

We had just entered our full bodies on the water when Richie and Jemmy joined us. We stayed there fooling around and laughing for about two hours. The five of us were about to get out of the sea when a big-ass turtle showed up a little far away from us, Mars immediately ran towards it, she is so in love with marine life that her excitement did even tried to hid itself.

"Turtle!!!" Mary said almost crying with happiness "A little fucking turtle"

"You call that little?" Jemmy interrupted Mars in a sarcastic tone

"For someone who says that loves marine life, it's kindda sad to see you don't even know the size of the turtles" Richie continued the joke. Pauline and I simply laughed

"Shut up you two!" Mary said a bit angry, but her eyes were glued on the turtle

"Go meet her!" Pauline said happily tapping Mary's arm. Mary turned her impressed gaze to Lin, and for a second, they just stared at each other's eyes with love. Soon enough, Mary dozed off and ran towards the turtle.

God do I feel guilty about the Marlin's relationship situation. I can't just undo what I did, Richie will kill me, Mary will be disappointed, Pauline will be mad. The best thing I can do is pretend to be oblivious about it all. It's not my fault people confide in me.

In running, Mary had left only the couples in the water. Richie and Pauline just slowly swam away doing their own thing, Jemmy and I got closer.

"You look worried" He said quietly

"It's nothing" I lied with a sad smile

"I know when you're lying" He explained "You know you have to be always strong around me, right?" I blushed

"I just feel sad about Lin and Mary" I said looking deep into Jemmy's eyes

"You shouldn't, there's nothing you could've done" He said hugging me. Although his words weren't true, they'd still sooth me. I was about to thank him when someone interrupted us

"Her name is Betsy!!" Mary screamed

"It's not human!" I screamed back, paying attention to Mary's grammar errors

"She is more human than you!" Mars spat back. I'm not really offended because it's probably true, but I played the part

"Ouch!" Richie laughed

"You'll regret that Mars!" I said joking

"I'll go grab a soda" Richie said and left the water. I noticed Mary going after him

Richie's POV

I was gabbing my precious Pepsi, when Mary approached me from behind with anxious footsteps hitting the sand.

"Richie, we need to talk." She said serious

"Sure thing Mars" I responded nicely

"I was talking to Betsy" She started, and I gave a small laugh. "I told her about how I like Pauline. And we agreed you should break up with her"

My face fell, my Pepsi fell. I had two thoughts on my mind: One, Mars has betrayed me in such way that I feel sheer madness. I could kill her. Two, my Pepsi fell. I love Pepsi, man. I'm so sad about my cold little Pepsi.

Does Pauline know about this? Has she... cheated... on me? No, she wouldn't... but Mary could talk her into it. Is Sophia their cover? Does Sophia know? No Soup would have immediately told me, she has done everything for me to be with Lin, she'd never ruin it.

"What?" Was the only word I managed to spill out of my system

"You heard me. Break up with Lin. She wants to be happy with me" She explained in a bit rude tone.

"I'm sorry, what?" I angrily said. It's worth noting that from here on, I have no control over my actions or words, Sophia says that's not a viable excuse, but I strongly disagree.

"I have loved Lin for ages. I know I can be better to her than you are, she complains a lot about you when we are alone." Mary said simply and impatiently. If I was a cartoon character, there'd be steam flooding out of my ears.

"HAVE YOU BEEN KISSING MY GIRLFRIEND?" I askedscreaming