Chapter Twenty-Four

Sully's POV

I'm throwing a party today, I invited everyone in my grade. It's going to be awesome!! But first I asked Sophia to come over, just to hang out. Order a pizza, see a movie, maybe study some Spanish.

I really like her. Even though we can't be together because of social pressure. It's nice to just hang out with her, not just kiss her, I'm not a total fuckboi.

I hear the doorbell and open it to see a pretty Sophia waiting for me. She was wearing a purple blouse with a knot in her waist and jeans high waisted shorts. Her curly hair was held back by a purple bandana, but still loose covering her back and shoulders. She was holding a backpack, but it wasn't the school one, it was the more like a sleepover bag.

"Hey" She said with a smile

"Hey" I say as she enters the house and I close the door behind us

"So... why the 10am invitation?" She says standing still like she hadn't been in this house many times before

"I just wanted to spend time with you, is that so bad?"

"No, just unusual. I thought you were more of a night person" She says coming closer

"It depends in what are we doing" I say, we smirk

"Well what do you want to do?" She lock your eyes together. I still can't believe that she is the one with the lock control

"We plenty of time to do everything, anything." I say pulling her to a kiss "but first we're watching Toy Story" I say smiling, she laughs. I love when she laughs.

"Only if it is the second one, aka the best of them" She says going in the direction of the tv

"We can watch all of them!"

We sit in the sofa together, Sophia by my right side leaning into me. Her eyes were glued to the screen like she was 10 years younger than she actually is. She notices that I'm staring from the corner of her eye and blushes.

"Pay attention to the movie, lover boy"

After the movie ended, we ordered pizza. Half peperoni, half marguerita, that way we both have what we want.

"Sullivan, I need you here right now." Sophia said from upstairs. I rush to see what was going on

"What's going on?" I asked in a concerned tone but get interrupted by a kiss. A lustful kiss from Sophia. She puts her arms around my neck and legs around my waist, she did train ballet as a kid so it doesn't impress me that she can climb me so fast and carefully. I hold her back with one hand, and with the other I play with her hair that escaped the messy bun she had made earlier

"I just needed this" She says responding the question I asked a few minutes ago. She smirks and I smile a bit embarrassed. We continue, until the doorbell rings, interrupting us.

"I'll get it" Sophia says with a smile, happy that the food has arrived, we were both starving.

I go downstairs shortly after Sophia to find her putting the pizza box over the balcony. She grabs one of the pepperoni slices and I grab a marguerita one.

"Oh I forgot to ask, why are your parents out of town?" Soup said. I don't feel so comfortable with that question, but I know I can tell Sophia anything.

"To meet my new brother" I say in a whisper tone

"Wait. What?"

"My parents are adopting a new child. I guess the biological wasn't enough" I say looking at my pizza in order to not see Sophia's eyes during my confession

"Didn't imagine that your parents would do that. I do like the adoption thing but I didn't think they were even going to consider it. Do you know anything about your new brother?" I like that she didn't play the 'this must be do different for you' card. I mean it is different, but I guess I just needed to make this a common thing on my brain, like if 'we are eating ice cream' and 'we are adopting a child' were thing people usually say in their day to day life.

After a long talk about adoption and brothers duringlunch, we both finally sit down again and watch the other two Toy Story films.We cried a few times, to be honest. Sophia was sitting in my lap and we were talkingwhen we realized that the party would start in three half hours and weneeded to prepare ourselves. This going to be a hell of a ride.