Chapter Fourteen

When I entered the school Thursday morning, I was immediately greeted by Mr. Ocean. He said I needed to attend a school board meeting. I was scared. I'm not a very polemic student, so the times I was asked to see the board were to win prizes and compliments.

"Before we go in, I have to warn you about somethings" Mr. Ocean said carefully. I nodded. "They are going to ask some really uncomfortable questions. And you need to stay calm."

"Okay" I say softly "I can handle that"

We walk through the door to see Peter in a chair on the left side of the room, the board in the center and a chair in the right side of the room for me. I politely greet the board, they were formed by four men and one woman.

Mr. Ocean sited in a chair close to Peter's parents, they all looked serious. There weren't any students there. Just me and Peter.

I sit in my chair to see Peter staring at me. I could feel him undressing me with his eyes. I hated that felling, maybe I wasn't strong enough to handle that.

"We are here to negotiate the suspension of the student Peter Hemings on the accusation of assault on school territory. The complaint was made by an anonymous student" The man in center of the board spoke

Wait. I didn't make that complaint. The video wasn't on school floor. How do they know that? Did somebody see us that day? It was so long ago, why bring it up now?

"Mr. Hemings what do you have to say for yourself?" He continued

"I didn't do anything" Peter said still staring at me

"Miss Smith what do you have to say for yourself?" The man looked at me

"Peter assaulted me." Say those words seemed to create weight in my conscience but also lift one from my chest.

And like that the questions started. I was too nervous so the meting is a bit of a blank. I just remember some of the questions, but I don't know the order or who asked them.

"Were you and Peter in a relationship?" In the video we weren't, but at the time of the that assault we were.

"Yes, we were" I say soberly

"The video posted last Monday dawn was recorded inside of the school property?"

"No, it wasn't"

"Did Peter say something to you that it couldn't be heard in the video? And if so, watch was it?" A man asked, I froze.

"Yes, he did."

"What did he say?"

"The only one who's going to my house tonight is you." I said looking down.

"Anything else?"

"Your breathing is getting heavier" I said almost sobbing "you like it, don't you little whore" I continued. The look on Peter's face was sheer anger. Saying those words felt like being exposed to last level and had a sense of guilt mixed in it. Even though the words have been constantly being repeated in my head no one had heard them before.

"I don't see how this is important to the supposed assault of November 17th!" Peter screamed

After that I just remember the final decision. Peter wouldn't get suspended. Hell he only got a week of detention!