Chapter Forty-Four

Mary's POV

Fuck. Fuckity fuck. Fuckity fucking fuck. Holy fucking shit. Pinballs machines spitting gum on the floor. Removing all my nails one by one with a rusty pliers wouldn't be sufficient to describe the pain and agony I'm going though right now. I just feel like screaming util I don't have a voice anymore.

How could I be so stupid? Did I really think it would be a good idea to go after Richie? I mean, what other option did I have? At least now I know Pauline doesn't really love me.

Richie was absolutely right. I'm a submissive slut, I should have stayed with Leo. He is the only one who can love me for the trash I am.

My flipflops popped a couple of blocks ago, so now I'm just running with barefoot in the hot asphalt of the afternoon. I was headed to my house, but then I remembered my Dad would be there, and he'd fill me up with questions I do not wish to answer right now. So, the solution was to go to the house that would welcome me even if I was a drug dealer, Sully's house.

Sully has showed me more care than in the past few days than I ever imagined he would in our entire lifer, he even called my fucking father to check if I was ok. I guess he's only doing this because he doesn't have anyone to take care of after the break up with Soup, but I don't care about the reason, I enjoy the company anyways. Sully and I have a personality treat in common, we both love marine life, so it's not like we don't have things to talk about.

I was on Sully's street running with tear on my face, when I saw him. Leo with a bottle of beer on his hand, his hair was dyed back to black, and he had a grin painted on his face as he stared at his phone screen.

My breathing immediately stopped when I saw Leo. My tears were dry. My hands and neck were trembly. My feet didn't bother with the heat under them, they knew that Leo was a bigger threat than a couple of burn bruises. The only solution I could find in the span of two seconds, was to walk towards Sully's house and get in with out doing any sudden moves.

I slowly started walking, with every move my heartbeat got faster. The only thing I concentrated was in not making too much noise and getting a restraining order.

"Meredith, baby?" I heard Leo's creepy voice behind me. My eyes dropped tears on the spot.

I started to run. I counted on adrenaline to make the pain on my feet better. It's not easy to run barefoot and with bruises all over your feet.

Leo reached me. Shit.

James' POV

I'm so fucking sorry I didn't stop Richie first. Star doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, neither does any of my friends. Now my girl is going tot be so blue for so long, she trusted Richie with all her heart, and he shat all over their relationship. I should've called him out earlier, hell, if he didn't stop treating Star like she's nothing I'd physically shut his mouth.

I don't know where Mars or Pauline went, but I know that I'm taking Star home. Her heart needs to be cuddled, her body needs to rest, and I need to comfort her in a place where the sun won't burn us to death.

I was sitting on a beach chair with Star on my lap. My head focused on the sounds of weaves and my girlfriend's heavy breathing on my chest, it broke my heart to see her like this, the only thing I can do is hold her tight.

"Hey" I whispered looking down, Star only looked up with her sad eyes "Let's get you home" I said with a warm smile

"I ain't going to my house. My mother can't see me like this" She said softly

"You'll go to my house" I said letting go of her

"Are ya sure? You never talk about your foster family" She asked concerned

She is right. I never talk about them, I just feel like I'm not their son, and I'm really not, not yet. I'm still on the test phase, they can return me anytime they want to. That means that I have to make a polite impression on them and be a friend to Anthony. Although I don't think Tony likes me very much, to change that I'll do whatever he says I need to do. I'll do anything to never set foot on that orphanage again.

I have never told Star who my foster parents were. They know I hang out with her. I remember the first time I really looked at Star in Mr. Sullivan's supermarket, when I got home and shared the news that I had seen a beautiful girl in school. Anthony quicky realized who I was talking about, and all members of the Sullivan family agreed that she was trouble.

I think I never told Star who my foster parents were, anyway, I don't think she knows them.

"Yes, I'm sure." I said getting up, Star nodded with a small smile

We both grabbed our stuff and headed towards my house. In the way there, Star looked at the neighborhood like she had plaited a million memories on those streets. We stopped in from of the blue and white house I live in. As soon as I started walking to the door, Star paralised herself staring at a specific window. Her gaze was scared and surprised but mostly sad, it worried me quite a bit.

Sophia's POV

"You live here?" I asked in a scared whisper

"Yeah, is there a problem?" Jemmy responded stepping closer to me

"What is the name of your foster family?" I asked quietly and hiding the unbelievable tone I was echoing in my mind

"Umm.. Sullivan" He said confused

"fuck" I muttered out

I just can't believe this. Why can't I have anything good in my life? Now Jemmy is going to break up with me. Not only Sully hates me in that house, but Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan as well, all because something that happened a million fucking years ago.

"What? Why?" He nervously started to ramble

"I just happen to know your brother" I interrupted him with a small smile before he jumped to hasty conclusions.