Chapter Twenty

Sophia's POV

March: everything went to shit.

April: I isolated myself from everyone. Except Sully, I continued to give him privet classes and debate with him in between classes, he was my distraction during my healing and the one ending the rumors about me. I also talked to Pauline from time to time, but when our friends showed up, I left the room.

May: Peter moved to another city, I'll never need to see him again. Even though we never stopped walking to class together, I started to talking to Richie again. Sully's mother still doesn't let us study in his bedroom, even though we were disturbing her from work.

June: I started talking to Mary again, we are stronger than ever now. I think Leo is a bad boyfriend, he isn't being a bitch to me anymore. Richie and Pauline stopped hiding that they were a couple, it's the school whispers focus of the moment. I finally healed completely.

Today is the 15th of June. I woke up and turned a mood song thank u, next- Ariana Grande. I put on a navy blue shirt with black jeans and my yellow all stars. I let my hair loose letting it touch the end of my back. I go downstairs to meet Richie in front of my house.

"Hey brother!!" I sing excited "there's an endless road to rediscover" I continued the song

He looked confused as hell but remembered the song "Hey sister! Know that water's sweet but blood is thicker" We laughed. "Why are you singing Avicii?" He asks

"I don't know, I'm in just a good mood I guess"

"That explains the good looks" He says looking at me from head to toe

"What? I can only look pretty when I'm happy?" I say almost outraged

"Something like that" He says honestly. I mean, I do look prettier when I'm confident, but my good looks are always undeniable.

After a lot of laughter and Avicii songs we arrive at school. I see Pauline and Sully, this was becoming a pattern, and I liked it. As the four of us were talking some boys pass by and start approaching Pauline with smirks on their faces.

"Hey sweetie, whenever ya wanna go out with a real nice guy call me. 'kay?" One of the boys said

"Hey get the fuck out of here" Richie said putting himself in between Pauline and the boy

"And you must be the loser boyfriend" The boy continued

"Jeez stop you two!" Pauline almost screamed but kept her classy natural tone "Andre I'm not interested. Richie, my love I know how to stand up for myself"

"oooooo" Sully and I said at the same time. Andre just turned around and caught up with his group. Richie was a blushing mess and Pauline just realized she had done something

"What did you just call me?" Richie said slowly

"Richie..." Pauline said looking to the floor

"After that" Richie said with a smirk

"...my love..." Pauline said embarrassed.

Richie pulled Pauline's waist close to him and kissed her. Sully made a 'wow', I made an 'ew' and we turned around to enter the school. I greet Mr. Ocean and Mr. Jack, they are good friends so it's normal to see them chatting through the hallways.

The school day passed by quickly, I was quite bored. But I still had one thing to look forward doing later, Sully. Wait, no no. I'll not do Sully later, I'll teach him Spanish. Just Spanish. I was packing my books when I hear a whisper in my ear "See you in a couple of hours" I blushed slightly, I turn around and whisper in Sully's ear "I'll see you at recess". He rapidly blushed in a deep red.

I think I'm ready for recess. My garden of love plants is fruitful enough for another seed to bloom. The plan is to kiss him after classes, and that's all, kisses. I don't want to go any further than that.

I get home and have lunch, nothing too heavy, just a salad. I have a nice and warm shower to prepare myself mentally to recess. I know I want to do it but I need to be 100% ready to anything that might go wrong. And there's a lot of things that can go wrong, like his father can enter the room, his father can ban me of his house again, Sully might be not so interested in me anymore. I don't know, maybe everything will work out fine.

When I arrive at the Sullivan's house, I see Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan leaving the house really happy. Mr. Sullivan was smiling, I've never seen the guy smile before. I look up to the window Sully usually stands in front of and I don't see him there, maybe he had to go with his parents. Oh fuck, he lost interest in me, I knew that making a boy wait is the recipe of making him give up. I was a bit frozen in front of the house. Waiting for a miracle. That's when Sully showed up.

"Sorry I was at Richie's house" Sully said while grabbing my hand

"Should I ask why?" I say and he leads me in the direction of the house

"No deberías" He says in Spanish, I'm so proud.

"Look who's doing his homework" I said with a little smile

"It's just because I have the best teacher ever" He closes the door behind us

Inside Sully's bedroom everything was organized, there were new posters on the wall, action figures in size order, his bed was covered in clean sheets (really surprising stuff). It's like he was waiting for me to discover the place.

"My mother isn't home. We can study here if you want" He says closing the bedroom door

"That'd be great" I say with a soft smile.

"Really?" He says a bit embarrassed. It's funny to see Sully like this, he acts like such a bad guy in school that's it's almost like he is another person here. If he was the school guy he wouldn't have waited, he would've said things like 'I can be with you, we are too different' I don't hate the school personality, it's just less fun to spent time with without disagreeing.

I came closer to Sully. I looked deep in his eyes, locked him. We haven't done that in a while so it's like the first time all over again. I whisper in his ear "What are you waiting for?" We both blushed.

Sully kissed me.