Chapter Eight

Sophia's POV

I turned around to see Sully. He looked so surprised. Quite red in the face as a matter effect, but I don't know who had the reddest face, me or him. I was so scared. You might ask yourself "wait. You liked Sullivan while you were dating Peter?" I told you we were in a bad place in the relationship. We hadn't stopped loving one other, just started loving other people too.

I think love is like a plant that you cultivate and watch it grow. We stopped watering the plant and it started to wilt. The difference was that he planted a new seed, I didn't. I'm not a saint, I thought about doing so but I respected him, he didn't.

I put myself back in the moment, I watched my face flush harder, I did not want Sully seeing me like this. I mean he has seen me red before but never because of him. I need to get out.

Mary's POV

I see Sophia hold the bags with food tighter as she started to run towards the cashier. I saw Sully shiver like a spell had been broken in the moment that she left. He tried to run towards her, but I stopped him.

"Get of Mars! I need to talk to her!" he said trying to push me away

"No! She needs time to think and you need time to calm down." I say angry

"But she won't want to see me again!" He said nervous

"She ain't runnin' from you, she's runnin' from this situation I've put her on." I say letting him go "Look she forgot her backpack with me, you'll bring it to her house later, so you can talk to her. But for now, let her be"

I run to find Sophia paying for the food.

"Hey Soup, you good?"

"Yeah totally" She says giving the lady money "hey... do ya bother if I walk to my house alone?"

"Nah, it's cool" I say grabbing a package of gum while Sophia receives her change.

"Okay" she says to me, "Thanks" she says to the lady

"Ah one more thing Soup" I say giving the cashier money for the gum

"What?" She says turning around

"sorry