Chapter Forty-One

Sophia's POV

I was walking with Poet on our way back to the hospital, thinking about how happy I was that Angie liked him, when I heard him humming 'What the heck I gotta do? -Anthony Ramos', one of the 21 Chump Street songs. It's very thoughtful of him to have actually seen the musical to buy that present for Angelina.

"Do you really wanna know?" I asked with a little smile on my face

"Know what?" He asked reciprocating the smile

"What the heck you gotta do" I answer looking to the water under the bridge with an involuntary smile in my face. Poet simply laughed

"Bold of you to assume that I don't know what the hack I gotta do to be with someone like you" He said in a song like way gabbing my hand, I raised my eyebrows as he continued to explain "I just need to do this"

It is my great pleasure to inform that Jemmy and I, officially, kissed. The kiss can't be described as one thing, most people who try to describe a kiss do it like it's an object, but this one was more like a felling rather than a thing. It felt like a giggly joke between friends, a little nothing that means everything, something so new, yet so usual.

My hands were tangled in his curly hair, his hands were wrapped around my magenta hoodie in the waist line pulling me closer to his body. We were stuck in that fraction of time, I wouldn't complain even if I stayed there for a million years. We slowly pulled out of the kiss.

"I don't think you are such trouble anymore" He said with a smile

"True. I'm now 'yours truly'" I responded with a half-way embarrassed face

"You're my star" He said, and I buried my face in his chest

"And as Angie said, you're my Jemmy" I happily looked at his eyes

Sully's POV

Today, Thursday, I have my first debate club meting after a long time. I'm so excited. This is the perfect thing to get Sophia out of my mind, all those flirty girls were no good to do that task.

I have seen Leo everyday through my window, although, it's really creepy. He doesn't move anymore, just lays there in his bed with his eyes focusing on the celling. Sometimes, he sleeps but it's very rare. I'm not really sure if he eats, there is food in his room, his mother leaves it there for him, but the food never seems to be touched.

I was walking down the hallways, when I saw my adoptive brother holding hands with Soup. I know they are best friends, but this seems different, their halos are connected, at least it's what it feels like it.

James doesn't know that I ever had anything with Sophia, I refuse to talk about it. I doubt she has told him anything as well, he'd come talk to me about it.

I've never seen such a quiet guy in his own house, James just doesn't say anything but 'thank you' and small answers like 'Yes, I do' and 'No, I don't'. It's really weird because I'm supposed to treat him like a brother, I really try to, but he makes it so difficult.

It's odd to see him with Sophia, he talks non-stop with her, and it's not like in a debate-ish way I used to do with her, it's in a 'I know, right?' way. I miss Soup, I miss the way she argues, the way she spoke when speaking Spanish, the way we pretended to study Spanish, I miss almost everything about her. The thing is, I can't show it to anyone, so all this Sophia stuff turns into rage (it's not pretty).

"Guys, I have an announcement!" George happily said as I sat down in one of the chairs in the clubroom. "Today we have two veterans rejoining us!" He paused for a second and smiled at me "Sullivan and Sophia" He said with excitement

What the actual fuck? No fucking way Sophia is rejoining as well. I hate this. Sophia looked just as shocked as I was, she didn't do this on purpose I can't blame her.

"And for the tradition, joining members will debate over the subject chosen for the week, this week's theme is abortion"

Okay each of us has a turn, and the other members of the club decide who won. I have the negative opinion, so I'll go first.

"I don't know about you, but I'm not crazy for the idea of killing a baby. Pay attention! These children, future of the nation, could die with no one to testify! If this is up to Sophia, the kid will have no one to call but Mother Maria" I said kind of in a rapping style

"Sully, this is outrageous. We're not talking 'bout a baby. It's just a fetus, it can't hear, it can't think. Do ya feel a similarity with my fellow over here? Grab paper and ink, write down what I'm sayin'. Ya're sitting there and talkin' 'bout the future generation, but they ain't gonna' have any education, if mommy is in school and daddy is on probation. Don't even get me started on super population! The solution is abortion. So, all I'm asking is for legalization!" Sophia said rapidly reciprocating the tone I had before "You sit there such a saint, little do ya know that whe it comes to you ev'ry one has a complaint" She finished

I hate the way she eye-rolls. I hate the way she bites tongue in a sarcastic smile when she thinks I'm wrong. I hate the way she puts her curls behind her ear before retorting. I makes me want to destroy her in the next argument so she'll be so ashamed she'd never speak again.

"We shall vote" Gorge said and everyone puttedtheir winner in a piece of paper. After counting the votes Gorge continued "It'sa tie"