Chapter Twenty-Two

Mary's POV

I woke up late, so I missed my ride to school. Classes start in 25 minutes, so I'm running like my life will end if I don't get there in time.

As I'm running towards the school, I think about the school dance. Whom is in two weeks, and I still have no date, because Leo hasn't asked me to go with him yet. And don't think he will. Maybe he thinks that since we are boyfriend and girlfriend we are automatically going together, but I'd like to be asked, something to tell my children about. Okay, maybe I'm thinking too ahead, but still, I want it.

Sometimes I think that Leo doesn't give a damn about me. I think I'm just a tittle, a pretty face named 'Leo's girl' I hate that. I'm a person, I have so much personality people don't know about, I'm a strong caring happy small girl.

But I know Leo will take care of me. He knows what's best for me, what to buy for lunch, what do with my money, what to wear, who to hang out with. He's the only one who can understand me.

Maybe he wants me to ask him to go. I'll ask him as soon as possible. And if he says: 'I'm not in the mood', I'll go with Sophia, she has no date. Well I don't actually know how things between Soup and Sully are going, but if there was anything going on, she would've told me.

When I arrive in the classroom, the teacher was just as late as me. So I sat down and waited for the break between classes to make the question.

"Hey Leo" I said with a small smile as soon as the teacher isn't the room anymore

"Hey hon, what do you need?" He said stopping the conversation with his friends.

"Would you like to go to the ball with me?" I say a bit nervous

"Bro ya're letting a gal ask you to me ball? Did imagine ya were such a pussy" One of the boys said, I think his name is Andre.

Leo grabbed my arm and took me to a space in the hallway where nobody was. 

"Mary what the hell? Doing that in front of my friends, what are you? Dumb?" He asked angrily

"Sorry I just wanted to-" I say apologetic

"You know what? It's okay. But the next time you do something like this you'll be punished" He says letting go of my hand. I sigh in relief, at least he isn't going to leave me. This is my fault, I shouldn't have asked anything.

"But you'll still go to the ball with me?" I ask slowly in an almost whisper tone

"I'm really in the mood for that kind of shit" He responds turning around to go back to class